New to Shacknews? Signup for a Free Account
Already have an account? Login Now
- Latest Pets
- Forum: Posts today 1036
Ghosts of the Deep dungeon guide - Destiny 2
A complete walkthrough of the Ghosts of the Deep dungeon in Destiny 2.
The Ghosts of the Deep dungeon is Season of the Deep’s big piece of content new to Destiny 2. This dungeon can be considered a raid-like activity intended for three-player fireteams, or even solo if you’re feeling up to the task. This guide will break down each encounter and give you suggestions for builds and weapon loadouts to use.
Last updated: Saturday, June 2, 2023, at 2:50 p.m. EDT.
How to start Ghosts of the Deep
To start Ghosts of the Deep, you must first visit Hawthorne in the Tower and pick up a quest called Rise . This quest will require you to complete the Ghosts of the Deep dungeon. To launch the Ghosts of the Deep dungeon, you must use the Director to open the H.E.L.M., at which point you’ll see the dungeon on the map. Ghosts of the Deep (normal mode) has a Power suggestion of 1790 as of Season of the Deep. The Master version of Ghosts of the Deep has a recommended Power level of 1840, but all Guardians will be capped at 1820. There is no benefit to being above 1820 when completing the Master version of Ghosts of the Deep.
- Ghosts of the Deep complete loot table
- All 12 Memory of Darkness locations in Ghosts of the Deep
Ghosts of the Deep dungeon guide
Ghosts of the Deep launched on May 26, 2023, during Season of the Deep. The dungeon takes place on Titan, a location that has come back to the game after several years of being sunset.
Ghosts of the Deep Master changes
There are a few differences players can expect when loading up Ghosts of the Deep on Master difficulty. Firstly, players have come to expect Artifice armor from Master dungeons and the same holds true here. However, no Artifice armor drops from the opening encounter, Hive ritual disrupted . Here's what you can expect:
- Player Power is locked at 1820, 20 below the dungeon's Power of 1840
- Artifice armor only drops from the boss encounters
- Unstoppable Ogres replace regular Ogres in the opening (Hive ritual Disrupted) and Ecthar, The Shield of Savathun boss fight
- Barrier Knights replace the three standard Knights in the Simmumah ur-Nokruk, Lucent Necromancer boss fight
- Vorlog, Risen in Heresy has an Arc shield
While the Barrier Knights pose a threat in the final fight, they do offer an opportunity to use Aeon Exotics to generate Heavy ammo. This is also true for Vorlog. You can keep killing him with Finishers while wearing Aeon Exotics to replenish your allies' Heavy ammo.
Hive ritual disrupted
The first encounter of Ghosts of the Deep will require you to disrupt a Hive ritual to open a door. To do this, several statues need to be imbued with a Vestige of Light. First I'll give you a bullet breakdown of what you must do, then explain it in more detail below.
- Kill the two Hive enemies by the door
- Kill the Soulfire Binder Ogre
- Follow the green goo to a Hive rune
- Take note of the rune symbol and remember it
- Kill all the enemies at the Hive rune
- Follow the green goo to a second and third Hive rune
- Kill the Lightbearer at the third Hive rune
- Finish the Lightbearer’s Ghost to get Vestige of Light
- Whoever finishes the Ghost gets the buff, nobody else
- Take the Vestige of Light buff back to the door
- Kill the Veilweaver Wizard
- Reveal the illusion to acquire Deepsight
- Imbue the correct statue with the Vestige of Light
- Repeat three more times (four total) to open the door
Start the encounter by killing the two Hive by the door you’re trying to open. Killing these two will spawn a Soulfire Binder Ogre. When you kill the Ogre, you’ll see some green goo appear on the ground and a message in the bottom left corner of your screen that says, “The way forward is revealed…” Follow that green goo, keeping your eyes peeled for a Hive rune in the sky, taking note of which rune it is. You will need to remember this. Once you see the rune, head to that location and some enemies will spawn. A couple of the enemies will also be called Soulfire Binders. When you kill the Soulfire Binders at the rune location, more green goo will spawn on the ground showing you the path forward.
Continue forward until you find the second Hive rune, which will be the same symbol as the first. Kill all the enemies, including the Soulfire Binders, and a third instance of green goo will spawn that you must follow. When you arrive that the third rune location, kill all the enemies, including the Lightbearer. As soon as you kill the Lightbearer, kill its ghost. The person that does this will receive the Vestige of Light buff with an 80 second counter. You will also see in the bottom left that a Veilweaver Wizard is revealed.
Return to the door where you began the encounter. To speed things up, use your sparrow. When you arrive, kill the Wizard and you will see an illusion on the ground. Any member of your fireteam can approach this illusion and reveal it, giving you Deepsight for 20 seconds. With Deepsight active, the member of the fireteam that has the Vestige of Light buff must approach the statue with the same Hive symbol you tracked through the area and interact with it when prompted to “Imbue with Vestige of Light.” If you get the wrong statue, that member of your team will die, and you’ll have to begin again without having made any progress. If you get it right, you’ll hear the satisfying sound of success and see a message that “A ritual statue manifests.”
Repeat this process four times and the door will open, granting you a reward chest. If you’re curious what can drop out of that chest, we have a Ghosts of the Deep loot table you can browse. When you’ve collected your loot, head inside and make your way forward to the second encounter.
Secret Chest #1
The first secret chest can be found near the “Reach the Wreckage” objective. You’ll hop into the water and move forward, dropping off a cliff. There are two entrances to the area with the secret chest, and quite a few Hive waiting for you at the bottom entrance furthest from the chest. As you emerge from the water, the top entrance will deliver you directly to the chest, while the bottom entrance will require you to fight some Hive. Either way, the secret chest is right at the entrance. If you go through the bottom, which is common, kill the Hive and then loop back around to find the chest almost directly above where you emerged through the bottom entrance.
Defeat Ecthar, the Shield of Savathun
The second encounter is a big bump in difficulty over the first, and Guardians would be wise to have a Well of Radiance on the team. My team included a Well of Radiance, Shadowshot, and Gathering Storm, which worked well. Use what you're comfortable with. Riskrunner is a hero in this encounter, as are Arc Resistance mods in your Chest Armor. Don't be shy about using your Supers, just be sure you have them back for the damage phase. Lastly, the difficult part is staying alive in the main room, and evading the boss while finding the runes underwater is the easy part. Split the roles in a way that makes sense for your team.
- Kill the praying Acolytes
- Kill the Blistered Knights
- Kill the Keeper of the Deep Ogre
- Reveal the illusion to gain Deepsight
- Note the three Hive rune symbols on the wall
- One fireteam member goes underwater
- That person finds the matching runes and touches them
- That person returns to the surface
- Kill the Lightbearer Wizard and its Ghost
- Whoever kills the Ghost gets Vestige of Light
- Take the Vestige of Light to a statue and imbue it
- Repeat this for a second and third Lightbearer Wizard
- Kill the Wellkeeper Knight
- Step into the pool it spawns where it died and take down Ecthar's shield
- Damage Ecthar and repeat until he’s dead
Begin the second encounter by killing the four Acolytes praying near the fountain. This will spawn the boss, Ecthar, the Shield of Savathûn, into the room. It will also spawn a bunch of adds and three Blistered Knights. Kill the Blistered Knights to spawn a Keeper of the Deep Ogre. Once you kill that Ogre, wherever it is, an illusion will appear near the fountain. Any member of your team can reveal the illusion to grant the entire team 20 seconds of Deepsight.
While you have Deepsight, look at the left and right walls of the room to see eight Hive runes, four on each side. Three of these runes will be lit up. You must take note and remember all three of the rune symbols.
At this point, one member of your team (minimum) must hop into the water, ideally through the smaller holes on the left and right. This will bring the boss with them, leaving the two remaining members of the fireteam in the room to kill adds. The person underwater must then track down the three symbols that appeared on the walls and choose the option to “Touch Rune” when you spot it underwater. Once you have correctly touched all three runes, while maintaining your Pressure Resistance and evading the boss, return to the surface and reunite with your team.
At this point there will be Lightbearer Wizards in the main room. When you kill one, be sure to kill its Ghost. The person that gets the kill on the Ghost will get the Vestige of Light buff. That person must go to one of the three statues in the room, all of which are up the stairs, and choose the option to “Imbue with Vestige of Light.” There is one statue on the left stairs, one on the right, and one at the back in the middle. Once your team has killed three Lightbearer Wizards and their Ghosts and imbued the three statues with the Vestige of Light, you’re ready to kick off the damage phase.
The moment the last statue is imbued with the Vestige of Light, a Wellkeeper Knight will spawn just in front of where the fountain is. Kill this Knight and it will drop a pool at its feet. Step into the pool and begin your damage phase by taking down Ecthar's shield. Once the shield is down you don't need to stay in that pool the Knight dropped if you don't want to. In this tight of space, Rocket Launchers are not advised. What works is a Warlock with a Well of Radiance, and even a Hunter with the Gathering Storm Super. The Well of Radiance is almost mandatory to keep you alive. Hit the boss with everything you have and when he becomes immune, repeat the process until the boss is dead.
As additional advice, it should be noted that any number of players can go underwater to complete the rune section. If you want to have three, that's fine. It's also noteworthy that once a single rune has been touched, a Lightbearer Wizard will spawn, so you could have a member of your fireteam kill that Wizard and imbue a statue before you're even finished with the underwater section to speed things along.
Secret Chest #2
The second secret chest can be found shortly after the second encounter, and just before you enter the arena to fight Simmumah ur-Nokru, Lucent Hive. When you get to a section where you must hop from one platform to the next, killing Shriekers as you go, you're in the right area. At some point an Ogre will spawn and walk towards something that resembles a gazeebo. Kill the Ogre, then hop up onto the gazeebo to find the secret chest. This is the last secret chest in the dungeon.
Defeat Simmumah ur-Nokru, Lucent Hive
The final encounter is a tricky one, and definitely has the toughest mechanics, but once you get the hang of it you should be fine.
- Approach the Ghost and crush it to begin the encounter
- Approach the illusion and Reveal it to gain Deepsight
- Note the three locations with orbs which are connected
- Heart (always one of the three locations)
- Head to one of the locations and stand near it so it glows at your feet
- Kill Vorlog, Risen in Heresy while standing at the glowing location
- Heart must be completed last during this sequence
- A lens will spawn in the sky
- Look through the eyeglass towards a Hive symbol to reveal a rune
- Repeat steps 5 through 7 at the two remaining locations
- Head through one of three chambers full of water to find a Lightbearer
- Note the Hive rune symbol in that room
- Kill the Lightbearer and its Ghost to get Vestige of Wizard/Knight/Acolyte
- This buff will last 60 seconds and must be imbued within that time
- If the timer on the buff runs out, you die
- Return to the main area
- Imbue the correct location with the Vestige of Light
- The order does not matter here
- Repeat steps 10 through 16 until all three locations are imbued
- Begin the damage phase
- Repeat until Simmumah ur-Nokru, Lucent Necromancer is dead
Begin the encounter by crushing the Ghost near Simmumah, ur-Nokru, Lucent Necromancer. Reveal the illusion to grant your team Deepsight. Use Deepsight to note three locations in the main area that have dark orbs on them. These three locations will be connected by a string of light. Move to one of the locations and stand close enough so that the ground glows beneath your feet. Wait until Vorlog, Risen in Heresy appears, and kill him while you’re standing at the location, with your feet inside the glowing area. This will spawn a lens in the sky. Look through that lens, aiming your weapon at the symbol of the Hive, to reveal a Hive rune.
You must repeat the process two more times, once at each of the two remaining locations. The only difference is you don’t need Deepsight each time. Deepsight, for the time being, is only used so you can see the three active locations. Once you know where they are, you only need to lure Vorlog, Risen in Heresy to each location, kill him while standing at the glowing locations, and then use the lens to reveal the Hive rune. You must complete the heart location last only during this sequence. Once all three runes have been revealed, you’re onto the next part of this encounter.
With all three Hive runes revealed, enter one of the chambers, pass through the water section, and emerge in a back chamber where you’ll find a Lightbearer. This could be a Wizard, Acolyte, or Knight. Kill the Lightbearer and its Ghost to get the Vestige buff, take note of the Hive rune symbol, then return to the main chamber. You will need to reveal the illusion to get Deepsight, then approach the Hive rune that matches the one you saw in the chamber and imbue that location with the Vestige of Light. This process must be repeated three times, at which point you’ll enter a damage phase.
When the damage phase begins, you'll need to stand at one of the three locations, inside the pool, and lower the boss' shield. This is best accomplished with a shot from Arbalest, which will drop the shield with a single projectile. Do not shoot rockets and throw your Super at the boss until the shield is down. Once the shield is down, move around as required. If the battlefield is littered with Heavy Ammo, move around and pick it up if you feel that's going to help to chunk more of the boss' health. A good strategy is to have one teammate with Gjallarhorn, and two others with strong Legendary Rocket Launchers (my Adept Hothead is my baby here). The Gjallarhorn user fires rockets at the boss, which grants nearby teammates Wolfpack Rounds. This does an incredible amount of damage. Consider gathering up at the head to complete your damage phase, as it gives you a great view of the field and the boss can't crush you like at the heart location.
When the damage phase ends, repeat the entire process until you get another, and until the boss is dead. Take note that the locations that must be imbued will change after each damage phase, so you will need Deepsight to identify them. The heart location will always be one of them. Throughout this encounter, you must have the Deepsight buff to see the three active locations, and you must have the same buff to imbue each location with the Vestige of Light.
Once again, a Well of Radiance is great here. Simmumah, ur-Nokru, Lucent Necromancer will move around the main area to the last location you revealed a Hive rune and can wreck you in seconds. Arc Resistance mods are great, and Void Hunters will love invisibility here. Titans have lots of options for surviving, but I wouldn’t hate a Ward of Dawn here if your team is struggling to stay alive. For damage, consider Rocket Launcher with Tracking Module if you’re not hitting your shots.
Once the boss is dead, the dungeon is complete. For more help, visit our Destiny 2 strategy guide .
Bill, who is also known as Rumpo, is a lifelong gamer and Toronto Maple Leafs fan. He made his mark early in his career through guide writing and a deep understanding of editorial SEO. He enjoys putting in the work to create a great content, be it a wild feature or grinding out an in-depth collectible guide. Tweet him @RumpoPlays if you have a question or comment about one of his articles.
- Destiny 2: Season of the Deep
- Ghosts of the Deep
Bill Lavoy posted a new article, Ghosts of the Deep dungeon guide - Destiny 2
Ghosts of the Deep
From Destinypedia, the Destiny wiki
Ghosts of the Deep is a Dungeon that was added to Destiny 2 in the Season of the Deep . Beneath the Arcology in the oceans of Titan , Guardians must delve into its furthest depths to stop the Lucent Brood and their efforts to resurrect the fallen Taken King , whose corpse drifted from the rings of Saturn and lies at the bottom of the methane sea.
- 1 Transcript
- 2.1 Hive Ritual
- 2.2 Deep Methane
- 2.3 Ecthar, the Shield of Savathûn
- 2.4 Šimmumah ur-Nokru, Lucent Necromancer
- 4 Unique Enemies
- 5.1 Weapons
- 5.3 Other rewards
- 6.1 Fragment 1
- 6.2 Fragment 2
- 6.3 Fragment 3
- 6.4 Fragment 4
- 6.5 Fragment 5
- 6.6 Fragment 6
- 6.7 Fragment 7
- 6.8 Fragment 8
- 6.9 Fragment 9
- 6.10 Fragment 10
- 6.11 Fragment 11
- 6.12 Fragment 12
- 9 List of appearances
Transcript [ edit ]
Walkthrough [ edit ], hive ritual [ edit ].
You begin in a large forested area bordered by arcology structure, with small reddened pockets indicating hive activity. Going more or less straight forward leads to a large door blocked by a hive ritual circle. In order to progress, four thrall statues need to be imbued with a "Vestige of Light." To do so, four cycles must be completed.
- Defeat the Soulfire Binder Ogre that wanders nearby the ritual site. It may take a moment for it to spawn.
- The ground somewhere close to the ogre's death will begin to glow, indicating the direction towards a squad of Hive, including several Wizards. When they are killed, another glowing path will be revealed.
- The third group of Hive will include a Lightbearer which, when its Ghost is killed, will grant the player who crushed it the Vestige of Light. Keep note of the Hive rune floating above the area it is killed at.
- Returning to the ritual circle, there will now be a Veilweaver Wizard . Its death will drop a deepsight illusion, and reveal runes on each Thrall Statue. The player with the vestige must deposit it at the same rune as where it was picked up.
After four cycles, the path is cleared.
Deep Methane [ edit ]
After entering the building, you will enter an underwater area. For the most part, the idea is to sink as deep as you can along the structure. At two points, there will be a turbine pushing you upward into an aerated room, which will allow you access to the next underwater part. Continuing, Hive architecture begins to dominate the scenery, but it is still a fairly linear advance. Keep in mind that the oxygen bubbles' existence is shared by teammates, unlike in the Salvage activity. Once you reach the bottom, a void shielded knight, Ecthar , will attempt to attack you. His attacks will not deal damage directly, but rather drain your pressure gauge significantly. Just past him is what appears to be an upward current that leads to the first boss fight. Be careful not to disturb the Acolytes between the entrance and the Rally Flag until ready.
Ecthar, the Shield of Savathûn [ edit ]
Once the acolytes gathered near the entrance are killed, enemies begin spawning. Defeat the supporting Hive instead until, similar to the first encounter, an Ogre appears. It will drop a deepsight illusion which will reveal three symbols on the wall near the entrance. Diving back into the water, there are now Hive runes dotted around the area, and Ecthar will return to try and stop you. Touching the three matching symbols will each spawn a Lightbearer wizard above water, which will again reward a Vestige of Light for killing their ghost. There are three thrall statues; a left, right and middle one, but Vestiges can be deposited in any of them so long as they haven't already been charged. Once all three are charged, Ecthar will appear alongside a Wellkeeper Knight . The Wellkeeper Knight drops an area in which players can damage Ecthar's shield. Once it lowers, damage can be dealt, although the damage phase duration begins once he appears. If he is not killed, the mechanics repeat. If he is, his ghost must be crushed or else he will respawn with a small portion of his health regenerated, and an underwater door unlocks and players may proceed.
Šimmumah ur-Nokru, Lucent Necromancer [ edit ]
Eventually, the path ends in a large, open cove holding the half-buried body of Oryx, the Taken King. Above him hovers Šimmumah ur-Nokru and an unclaimed ghost. Crushing the ghost will alert Šimmumah and begin the encounter. After killing several Hive, a deepsight illusion spawns somewhere in the middle of the arena. It will reveal three small orbs, which each float over one of Oryx' body parts. At this point, Vorlog, Risen in Heresy will spawn (and respawn when killed), and chase players. Vorlog can be killed at will, but if killed by a player standing under one of the revealed orbs, Šimmumah will be attracted to them. When she is, a ring and a taken symbol will appear. They must be lined up from the perspective of a player standing on the ground, and will reveal a rune once they are. This is done for all three orbs. Both sides of the arena, as well as under Oryx' head, have a methane pocket which conceals a room containing a Lightbearer; one knight , one acolyte , and one wizard . Once again, their ghosts grant a Vestige of Light to the player that finishes them, and have a rune floating above them that indicates the orb where it must be dropped off. Note that the orbs must be revealed with deepsight to interact with. Once the last of the three is imbued, Šimmumah's shield may be attacked and her damage phase beings. Once she is killed, her ghost is revealed. Finishing it completes the dungeon.
Bosses [ edit ]
- Ecthar, the Shield of Savathûn
- Vorlog, Risen in Heresy
- Šimmumah ur-Nokru, Lucent Necromancer (Final Boss)
- Thul-Ar, Acolyte of Nokris (The Navigator Catalyst)
Unique Enemies [ edit ]
- Soulfire Binder
- Veilweaver Wizard
- Runebound Visage
- Keeper of the Deep
- Wellkeeper Knight
- Adherent of Šimmumah
- Adherent of Ecthar
- Adherent of Mor'ak
Rewards [ edit ]
Weapons [ edit ].
Armor [ edit ]
- Taken King Suit
Other rewards [ edit ]
- Recalcitrant Host - Exotic Sparrow
In Memoriam [ edit ]
Scattered throughout the dungeon are 12 Calcified Fragments that tell the story of Xivu Arath , her life as the God of War, and her life after the death of The Taken King. The fragments also tell of how the death of her brother has affected her.
Fragment 1 [ edit ]
- Xivu Arath: LONELY NAVIGATOR, WE HAVE TRAVELED SO LONG WITH ONLY EACH OTHER. I KNOW YOU LOVE TO HEAR AND SPEAK NEW TONGUES. COME, SIT IN THE FLESH GARDEN. I WILL READ YOU THESE STORIES I BOUGHT AT KAHARN.
Fragment 2 [ edit ]
- Xivu Arath: I... WAS XI RO. I WAS WEAKNESS. FRAGILITY. THEN YOU DROWNED ME IN THE DEEP. MURDERED MY FLAWS. YOU ARE OUR NAVIGATOR, OUR GUIDE. LET ME DOWN THE BLADED PATH TO BE REFORGED AS XIVU ARATH. I WILL REMEMBER YOU, OUR NAVIGATOR. OUR BROTHER. OUR KING. IN THIS, YOU ARE ETERNAL.
Fragment 3 [ edit ]
- Xivu Arath: I REMEMBER THE LANGUID CONTEMPT OF OUR FATHER. THE COLD EYES OF OUR MOTHER. I SEE YOUR DETERMINATION ETERNAL. IT IS DETERMINATION THAT DEFINES YOU. CERTAINTY, CLARITY, FAITH-YOUR WILL IS A KNIFE, HEWING AWAY AT OUR LIES. YOU ARE TRUTH. WHEN I DOUBT, YOU NEVER SPARE ME THE BLADE. WHEN I FALTER, YOU NEVER SPARE ME YOUR WORDS, AND YET... I KNOW THERE IS MORE.
Fragment 4 [ edit ]
- Xivu Arath: YOU ARE DEAD. YOUR THRONE WAITS EMPTY. BLASPHEMY. BLASPHEMY! MY BROTHER-MY BROTHER IS VANQUISHED. COURT... SCATTERED. TEMPLES... RANSACKED! MY BROTHER IS DEAD, AND HIS KILLERS HAVE NOT ASSUMED THE MANTLE OF THE TAKEN KING. BLASPHEMY. BLASPHEMY! HOW? HOW CAN THE SPEAR THAT PIERCED A MILLION WORLDS BE KILLED BY THOSE WHO WOULD DENY THE ALL-EDGED TRUTH? MOTHER... ARE YOU LAUGHING? SISTER , ARE YOU SMILING? IS THIS THE FATE WORSE THAN EXTINCTION? WAS IT ALL FOR... NOTHING?
Fragment 5 [ edit ]
- Xivu Arath: I HAVE DIED... AND YET WAS SUMMONED BACK BY YOU. YOU, WHO REMEMBERED ME AS WAR? OUR SISTER DIED, AND WAS SUMMONED BACK BY YOU. YOU, WHO CONSPIRED WITH HER CUNNING? SO IT MUST BE FOR NOW. IF YOUR LEGACY IS TRUE, BROTHER, IT WILL COME UNTO US AND DEFAT OUR BLASPHEMY. AND IF NOT... IF NOT, WHAT WE ATTEMPT CANNOT BE BLASPHEMY. FOR WE HAVE SURVIVED YOU. SURPASSED THE POWER OF YOUR WILL. AIAT. AIAT.
Fragment 6 [ edit ]
- Xivu Arath: THE SKY... IS FRAGILE. FLAWED. LIES. LIES! I SEE HOW EASILY IT IS CHAINED, BROUGHT TO THE HEEL, AND MUZZLED. THE TRUTH CANNOT SO EASILY BE BOUND. YOU SHOWED US THAT. TRUTH HAS WINGS. I TAKE FLIGHT IN YOUR STEAD. I BRING THE KNIFE OF TRUTH TO THE GRISTLE OF LIES.
Fragment 7 [ edit ]
- Xivu Arath: YOU WOULD HAVE SAVORED MY TRIUMPH. HOW OUR SISTER'S GIFT TO ME WAS TREATED WITH SUCH CARE. SCREAMS LIKE A CHOIR AS THEIR MOUNTAIN TREMBLED. SCREAMS LIKE A CHOIR AS THEIR SEAS BOILED! I STEPPED DOWN INTO THAT WORLD, THRUST MY SWORD INTO THE HEART OF TOROBATL , AND CARVED LIES FROM TRUTH.
Fragment 8 [ edit ]
- Xivu Arath: HERESY. HERESY! OUR SISTER DENIES YOUR TRUTH AND CRAWLS LIKE AN ANIMAL INTO THE SHADOW OF THE SKY! SHE BLEATS AND HOWLS, ALLOWING HERSELF TO BE PROFANED BY IT! SHE SPITS ON YOUR MEMORY! SISTER, YOU ALWAYS DOUBTED. BUT NOW, IT IS TIME TO TEST THEORY IN PRAXIS.
Fragment 9 [ edit ]
- Xivu Arath: SOMETIMES, TO WIN A BATTLE, YOU NEEDN'T RAISE A HAND. YOU LET THE IGNORANT FIGHT IN YOUR NAME, UKNOWING. THEY MOVE THEMSELVES INTO POSITION, POSTURING THEIR VICTORIES, LEAVING THEIR SOFT FLANK OPEN. SISTER, I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE. YOU WERE WRONG.
Fragment 10 [ edit ]
- Xivu Arath: THERE IS AN END IN SIGHT NOW, CLEARER THAN I HAVE EVER SEEN IT. THE HORIZON NARROWS DOWN TO A SINGLE EDGE, SHARPER THAN HOPE. I SEE THE FINAL SHAPE COMING INTO FOCUS IN THIS CUTTING MOTION, AND THE DEEP SINGS ITS PROMISES. I CRACK MY WHIP UNTO THE RHYTHM. I GUIDE YOUR KNIFE IN BETWEEN RIBS! EVEN NOW, ALONE, YOU ARE MY NAVIGATOR.
Fragment 11 [ edit ]
- Xivu Arath: THE SKY'S LIARS ARE ELOQUENT IN THEIR TENACITY. THEY MAKE ME DOUBT MY OWN HAND... MY OWN RIGHT! OUR BLADES CLASH, AND I AM DRIVEN BACK, BACK! I HAD MY BLADE AT THEIR THROAT, AND THEY SLIPPED PAST MY GUARD. BUT IT IS TOO LATE NOW. EVEN THEIR DEEPEST CUTS ARE TOO SHALLOW TO KILL. I SEE THE FINAL SHAPE COMING FOR THEIR HEART.
Fragment 12 [ edit ]
- Xivu Arath: I COME TO YOU NOW TO SAY GOODBYE, BROTHER. THIS WILL BE MY LAST VISITATION. A FINAL KNEE AT YOUR GRAVE. I'M LEFT TO WONDER IF THERE IS ANYTHING IN YOU STILL IN THERE. I AM LEFT TO WONDER... WHAT IS THIS FEELING? THE SKY IS MORTALLY WOUNDED, BLEEDING OUT. YET... A PART OF ME LONGS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE GARDENS. OF YOUR STORIES. OF SISTER'S. I LONG FOR OUR JOURNEYS TOGETHER... BUT KNOW THEY HAVE COME TO AN END. WE WILL BE PROVEN RIGHT. YOU WILL BE PROVEN RIGHT. BROTHER, IF YOU HAVE TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT WAS TO NEVER DENY A TRUTH, EVEN WHEN IT GRIEVES US. WHAT IS THIS FEELING? I DO NOT WANT IT!
Gallery [ edit ]
Taken King armor sets.
NPA Weapons set.
New Pacific Epitaph grenade launcher.
No Survivors submachine gun.
The Navigator exotic trace rifle.
Giant methane sea drilling structure.
Abandoned sea life observatories.
Access to the seabed drilling platform.
Seabed over the drilling platform.
Trivia [ edit ]
- After interacting with several monitors around the opening area, players can summon in this Maintenance Tank.
List of appearances [ edit ]
- Season of the Deep (First appearance)
- Titan (moon)
- Articles with incomplete sections
Recent contributors to this article
- League of Legends Blog
- Teamfight Tactics Blog
- Valorant Blog
- Diablo 4 Blog
- Warcraft Rumble Blog
- Destiny 2 Blog
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Blog
- Marvel Snap Blog
- Street Fighter 6 Blog
- Genshin Impact Blog
- Tier Lists Blog
Destiny 2: Ghosts of the Deep Dungeon Guide
How to Clear Ghosts of the Deep (Destiny 2)
This guide will go over the 3 main encounters of the newest dungeon, Ghosts of the Deep.
Each section will review the mechanics of the encounter and recommended loadouts.
Welcome to the Deep!
Be sure to check out the best perk combinations and rolls for the new dungeon weapons as well as builds they are utilized in.
The 3 encounters are:
Break the Ritual
Ecthar, the shield of savathûn, šimmumah ur-nokru, lucent necromancer.
There is no boss in this encounter, and serves to introduce the primary mechanics of the dungeon. At first go to the back central area of the space you spawn in at. In this area you’ll find Hive statues and spikes surrounding a torch, which is a Hive Ritual Site.
Nearby a Soulfire Orge will spawn, and killing this Ogre will reveal the way forward. A path is created which is a smoggy yellowish-green trail. This trail will take you to a group of Hive and Soulfire Binders .
From there a new portion of the trail will be revealed. You can use your sparrow in this area to move faster in this area. Continue killing multiple groups of these Hive until the final group has a Lightbearer Hive . After killing this Lightbearer, finish its ghost to acquire a buff, Vestige of Light .
This buff lasts for 1 minute and 20 seconds, and if it runs out you will die and have to restart the process. Take note of the Symbol above the Lightbearer as this needs to correlate with the next step.
Return to the Hive Ritual Site and there will be a cluster of enemies and a Veilweaver Wizard . Killing this Wizard will spawn a Deepsight Orb. Acquire Deepsight from this Orb to see the Symbols on the various statues around the Ritual Site.
The player who has the Vestige of Light buff will then deposit the buff into the statue with the matching Symbol that was above the Lightbearer. This will then progress the encounter, and the entire process must be repeated for a total of 4 times.
- Kill the Soulfire Ogre
- Follow each step of the trail killing Soulfire Binders along the way
- Kill the Lightbearer Hive and note the Hive Symbol above them
- Finish the Ghost to receive the Vestige of Light buff
- Return to the Hive Ritual Site and kill all enemies and the Veilweaver Wizard
- Activate the Deepsight Orb to reveal the symbols on the statues
- The player with Vestige of Light will deposit the buff into the statue with the corresponding Hive Symbol from step 3
- Repeat 3 more times to deposit into 4 statues total
In general this is a pretty straightforward encounter that doesn’t call for any specific loadout. Just be certain to have some survivability so you do not die with the Vestige of Light buff.
Nightstalker with Moebius Quiver is a good class to have as they can go invisible to stay alive with the buff if in danger, and Tethering the group of Hive along the trail will give back a lot of super energy.
The first boss of the dungeon is Ecthar. This encounter involves the same Symbols as the Ritual and utilizes the underwater pressure mechanics introduced in Season of the Deep. There are two areas of this encounter, the main room with the rally banner which will be referred to as The Mausoleum and the underwater area which will be referred to as The Deep .
Start off with killing the 3 Blistered Knights that spawn in the upper portion of The Mausoleum . This will spawn in an Ogre, the Keeper of the Deep at the top of the stairs. Killing this Ogre will spawn in a Deepsight Orb at the center of the room near the Rally Banner spawn. With Deepsight, you will be able to read the Hive Symbols on the walls along the sides of The Mausoleum . There will be 3 Symbols that will be highlighted.
Memorize these Symbols as you will then have to go into The Deep and find these symbols on Runes underwater. There are various holes in the floor to go into The Deep . The central hole is an exit as it has a lift to bring you out of the water, but it can be used as an entry when going in along the sides.
In The Deep there are various symbols on rocks and walls that can be collected. Collect the 3 Symbols that were revealed earlier. Interacting with an incorrect symbol will result in a death. Utilize the bubbles to extend the Pressure Resistance timer, to be able to search for the symbols for longer. Ecthar is also roaming around in The Deep , avoid him as his attack will heavily deplete your Pressure Resistance timer.
Activating a Symbol will spawn in a Lightbearer Hive in The Mausoleum . After collecting the 3 Symbols , return to The Mausoleum.
Kill the 3 Lightbearer Hive that spawn in The Mausoleum and use a finisher on their ghosts to collect the Vestige of Light buff. Any player can collect these buffs, and as one teammate collects the Runes another player can deal with the Lightbearers as they spawn in.
All 3 members of the team can also collect the runes and then kill the Lightbearers together. Deposit the Vestige of Light buff into one of the statues at the top of the stairs in The Mausoleum . There are 3 statues, one for each Lightbearer that spawns.
After depositing into the 3 statues, at the bottom of The Mausoleum near the Rally Flag will spawn a Wellkeeper Knight . Kill this Knight to spawn a pool that grants the Piercing Light buff when standing in the pool. This buff allows you to damage Ecthar’s shield .
Once the shield is depleted you can damage Ecthar himself. Be sure to get rid of the shield quickly as this counts towards the time window for the damage phase. Once the damage phase is over, the encounter will repeat until Ecthar is defeated.
Once Ecthar is defeated he spawns a ghost. Use a finisher on the ghost to complete the encounter.
- Kill the Blistered Knights in The Mausoleum
- Kill the Keeper of the Deep Ogre in The Mausoleum
- Activate the Deepsight Orb and read the 3 Symbols on the wall
- Go into The Deep and collect the 3 Symbols
- Kill the Lightbearer Hive for each symbol collected, and finish its ghost for the Vestige of Light buff
- Deposit the Vestige of Light buffs from each of the 3 Lightbearers into the Statues in The Mausoleum
- Defeat the Wellkeeper Knight at the bottom of The Mausoleum
- Collect the Piercing Light buff created from defeating the Wellkeeper Knight
- Destroy Ecthar’s shield using the Piercing Light buff
- Damage Ecthar’s health once the shield is destroyed
- Repeat and Finish Ecthar’s ghost once he is defeated
There are a lot of enemies in The Mausoleum , so wave clearing weapons are necessary. This is a boss encounter that requires damaging a boss, so DPS weapons are required as well.
Ecthar is aggressive during damage and will get into melee range. Because of Ecthar getting in melee range having a Well of Radiance and/or Ward of Dawn is great for a damage boost and protection.
Good damage weapons are swords such as Falling Guillotine and Lament as well as Slug Shotguns and Legend of Acrius . A Ward of Dawn with No Backup Plans and a Legend of Acrius deals massive damage to Ecthar . Single target damage supers such as Thundercrash , Blade Barrage, or Gathering Storm are also good to have for damage.
The final encounter is another boss. There is one central room with the remains of Oryx and 3 side rooms that are accessed by walking through a wall of water, and traversing underwater for a very short distance. Start the encounter by performing a finisher on the ghost in the center of the room.
Once the encounter starts a Deepsight Orb will spawn in the center of the room alongside a plethora of enemies. Activating this Orb will highlight 3 of Oryx’s 6 body parts throughout the room in bright green. When standing near any of the body parts, there will be a green ring that lights up around the body part and gives the Ritual Conductor buff.
In the room there is an enemy Vorlog, Risen in Heresy who is visiting from the Court of Oryx in Destiny 1. When standing near the body part with the Ritual Conductor buff, kill Vorlog to reveal a Ring between the body part and center of the room. Only you need to be near the body part, not Vorlog , he can be anywhere in the room when you kill him.
Look through the Ring at the Taken King Icon that is projected at the other side of the room to reveal a Hive Symbol above the body part. This needs to be done for all 3 body parts that were highlighted via Deepsight.
Now the 3 side rooms behind the water walls come into play. In each room is a Lightbearer Hive and a Symbol that corresponds to a Symbol above one of Oryx’s highlighted body parts. Kill the Lightbearer Hive and crush its ghost for a Vestige buff. After crushing the ghost the Symbol in the room will disappear, so be sure to take note of it before finishing the ghost.
With the buff and Deepsight , deposit the Vestige into the body part of Oryx with the matching symbol. You cannot deposit the buff if you do not have Deepsight, so be sure to acquire it. You have a minute and 20 seconds with the Vestige buff, so you can take your time. Running out of time or depositing the Vestige into the wrong body part will instantly kill you.
Once all 3 Vestiges are deposited into the correct body parts, a Pool will appear at each of the body parts. Stand in this Pool to get the Piercing Light buff to destroy Šimmumah’s shield . Once the shield is destroyed, damage Šimmumah . This can be done anywhere in the room.
This entire process is repeated until Šimmumah is defeated. Once defeated, be sure to use a finisher on Šimmumah’s ghost to end the encounter.
- Activate Deepsight to reveal the 3 body parts of interest
- Kill Vorlog when standing near one of the body parts with the Ritual Conductor buff which will reveal a Ring and Taken King Icon
- Look at the Taken King Icon through the Ring which will reveal a Hive Symbol above the body part
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the other body parts
- For each of the 3 side rooms, go into them, take note of the Symbol and kill the Lightbearer
- Use a finisher on the ghost to receive the Vestig e buff and return back to the central room
- Acquire Deepsight and deposit the Vestige buff in the body part with the corresponding Hive Symbol
- Once this is performed for all 3 body parts, Pools are created at the body parts; stand in the Pool for the Piercing Light buff to destroy Šimmumah’s shield
- Damage Šimmumah
- Repeat the process until Šimmumah is defeated, and finish Šimmumah’s ghost
Šimmumah is tough to hit and is usually at range, so weapons with range and generous hitboxes are best. Linear Fusion Rifles, Snipers, Rockets are good for damage, but they are hard to land shots on, so use them to your own discretion.
Leviathan’s Breath , Sleeper Simulant , and Xenophage are good options because of them having good range and are much easier to land shots with. Well of Radiance is very good to have as there are a lot of enemies while dealing damage.
Ranged, single target damage supers are good to have to supplement damage or destroy the shield. Golden Gun , Blade Barrage , Gathering Storm , and Chaos Reach are good options for this purpose.
Good luck in the deep! The weapons of this dungeon are fantastic, and best in class because of their archetypes and available perks.
Be sure to check out the best perk combinations and rolls for the new dungeon weapons as well as the builds they are utilized in .
- In-game Overlay
- LoL Tier List
- Personal Match History
- Summoner Search
- LoL Champions
- Meta Team Comps
- Team Comps Builder
- Player Search
- TFT Champions
- TFT Tier List
- Card Gallery
- Decks Library
- Deck Builder
- LoR Tier List
- Map Guides & Tips
- Master Class
- Twitch Extension
- Proving Grounds
- Eye Tracking
- Founders Wall
- Mobalytics Plus
- Partners Program
- Terms of Service
Destiny 2 Ghosts of the Deep dungeon guide and walkthrough
Our guide to overcoming the dungeon below the Seas of Titan.
Ghosts of the Deep is an all-new Dungeon in Destiny 2 , sending Guardians into the methane soaked depths of Titan to stop the Hive from completing a ritual with nightmarish potential.
Like other Dungeons in Destiny 2 , this is an end-game level challenge geared toward three-person fireteams. It combines powerful enemies with challenging traversal, and complex mechanics designed to test skilled players. Upon successful completion, players are rewarded with unique weapons and armor, and there is a chance to obtain a new Exotic Trace Rifle called The Navigator .
This guide will lead you through every step of the journey, including how to beat Šimmumah ur-Nokru, Lucent Necromancer, in this Destiny 2 Ghosts of the Deep walkthrough .
In this guide:
- Organizing your team for the Ghosts of the Deep dungeon
- How to start Ghosts of the Deep in Destiny 2 and complete the Hive Ritual encounter
- How to defeat Echtar, the Shield of Savathun
- How to defeat Šimmumah ur-Nokru
Organizing your team for Ghosts of the Deep
Similar to setting up for a raid like Root of Nightmares , communication will be key to your success. Make sure you and your team can coordinate clearly. Voice chat is really helpful.
There will be segments with a lot of add-clear, boss damage phases, and some challenging traversal sections. It’s best to be prepared for all of the above. Many of the enemies do arc damage, including the final boss, so Risk Runner is a solid choice, but anything strong at rapidly killing groups of enemies is viable. Linear fusion rifles like Taipan-4FR are still a strong option for boss damage, though not the only one. Bringing a Warlock who can drop a healing rift is also helpful. Regardless of how you set it up, you will want to make sure you can cover all of those bases.
The recommended power level for Ghosts of the Deep is 1790, though enemies are as high as 1810. Being properly leveled is very important to make completion reasonable, so be sure to upgrade to your finest weapons and armours before you start.
The Season of the Deep is here alongside the Into the Depths quest. You can know go fishing too! Don't forget to keep an eye on the Lost Sector and King's Fall challenge rotation schedule!
How to start Ghosts of the Deep in Destiny 2 and complete the Break the Ritual encounter
The first time you take on the Ghosts of the Deep you will need to visit Hawthorne in the Tower. She will assign you the quest Rise. Now, open the Director, navigate to the H.E.L.M., and launch Ghosts of the Deep.
This will take you to a location outside of the New Pacific Arcology. The arena is more or less a wide rectangle with the statues and exit at the center-rear. There are a few plateaus in the middle. A sunken room to the far left, and a grove of tree-like spires in the front right. Roads and paths interconnect the areas, and sparrows can be summoned to speed up traversal.
The first encounter is called Break the Ritual . In this case, breaking the ritual means manifesting four statues. Each statue requires the same order of operations in order to manifest it:
- Gather a Vestige of Light from a Lightbearer
- Reveal hidden statues using Deepsight
- Deposit Vestige of Light into the correct statue
First, kill the enemies near the statues. To gather Vestiges of Light you will first need to find and kill an Ogre called the Soulfire Binder . Once he’s been properly dealt with, a faint green trail will lead towards another part of the arena. Follow it and kill the enemies there, including two more Soulfire Binders. There will be a symbol in the air, make note of it, and follow the new trail that forms. This will lead to another group of enemies, slay them, then follow the trail to a final collection of baddies.
This time there will be a Lightbearer, with a ghost that must be finished after you kill it. Whoever kills the ghost will receive the Vestige of Light buff. This lasts for 80 seconds, and will kill its bearer if not deposited.
Go back to the location with the statues, and eliminate all of the enemies there. A special wizard called a Spellweaver will drop a Deepsight Orb. As soon as someone on the fireteam picks this up everyone will be granted Deepsight, revealing four hidden statues. A hive symbol will be visible on each statue. The person with the Vestige of Light must deposit at the statue whose symbol corresponds to the one noted earlier while clearing groups of adds. If done correctly, the statue will manifest and the message, 'A ritual statue manifests', will be displayed.
A new Soulfire Binder ogre will spawn, repeat the process for three more statues to complete the encounter and open the door.
Genshin Impact Lost Riches treasure area locations
Pokémon Go Lustrous Odyssey field research tasks and Dusk Form Lycanroc explained
Pokémon Go Timeless Travels research quest step and rewards
Shiny Rowlet, evolution chart, 100% perfect IV stats and Decidueye best moveset in Pokémon Go
Pokémon Go Wyrdeer counters, weaknesses, shiny Wyrdeer and moveset
Jujutsu Chronicles codes
How to get to Inazuma in Genshin Impact