- Cast & crew
- User reviews
Ghost in the Shell
- A cyborg policewoman and her partner hunt a mysterious and powerful hacker called the Puppet Master.
- It is the year 2029. Technology has advanced so far that cyborgs are commonplace. In addition, human brains can connect to the internet directly. Major Motoko Kusanagi is an officer in Section 9, an elite, secretive police division that deals with special operations, including counter terrorism and cyber crime. She is currently on the trail of the Puppet Master, a cyber criminal who hacks into the brains of cyborgs in order to obtain information and to commit other crimes. — grantss
- The year is 2029. The world has become intensively information oriented and humans are well-connected to the network. Crime has developed into a sophisticated stage by hacking into the interactive network. To prevent this, Section 9 is formed. These are cyborgs with incredible strengths and abilities that can access any network on Earth. — L.H. Wong <[email protected]>
- A police bulletin reports a 208 is in progress in the C13 area of New Port City. A figure studies a night-scope green image of men talking about programming bugs and Project 2501. A voice reports Section 6 is ready to move in. Major Motoko Kusanagi disconnects wires from the back of her neck and stands up, takes off her overcoat. She does a back layout fall from the top of a tall building. A group of armed and helmeted police enter a building. Inside a room four men are surprised that the police have arrived and two draw their weapons and go to the door to start firing. The older man of the group tells the others to stop shooting and as the police storm the room he claims diplomatic immunity. Nakamura, the head of Section 6 enters to say that taking a programmer out of the country is an offense. However, the young programmer has signed a request for asylum. Suddenly a voice speaks out and assaults the foreigner, an invisible attacker rips the man apart. The police fire at the windows, Nakamura goes to a smashed window to see Major Kusanagi falling and becoming invisible as her thermoptic camoflage turns on again. Title sequence begins showing a cyborg female body undergoing a genesis. Major Kusanagi ascends from a pool of liquid. She awakens from sleep in a dark room, looks pensively out the window then gets dressed in a combat suit and leaves her apartment. A VTOL twin-rotor craft lands on the roof of a tall building. The Japanese Foreign Minister leaves the aircraft and begins talking to the waiting Aramaki, the head of Section 9. They discuss a secret meeting with the Gavel Republic planned for the next day. Gavel has a new revolutionary government and the leader of the old ruling junta is seeking asylum in Japan. The Foreign Minister admits he'd like to deport Col. Maless if he had a good political excuse. He also thanks Section 9 for helping with the programmer defection, as this way the diplomatic corps was able to keep their hands clean. In a lab a group of red-suited techs and Major Kusanagi are studying an unconscious woman, trying to access her brain. She is the Foreign Minister's Interpreter, and has been cyber-brain hacked since 23 minutes earlier while on the phone. Aramaki suggests someone called the Puppetmaster is trying to disrupt the talks with Gavel by turning her into an assassin. Batou and Ishikawa are in a car tracing the signal, the Major goes to rendezvous with them. In their van, the Major dresses in armour as Togusa drives, they discuss the Puppetmaster. He is believed to be an American but nothing else is known about him. He has been active around the world conducting cyber terrorism and ghost-hacking people's brains. This is the first time he has appeared in Japan. They consider it may all be disinformation, then the Major chides Togusa for still using an old style handgun, as she loads and locks a large automatic rifle. Togusa is curious on why he was recruited into Section 9, the Major replies it is because he is still mainly human and so can be an unpredictable non-specialized asset on the team. On an inner city street two garbage collectors are at work. One urges the other to hurry up as the partner is busy at a public access computer terminal. The computer user explains a guy in a bar gave him some software so he could ghost hack his estranged wife. As they drive off Batou and Ishikawa arrive in a hurry and realize they just missed their target, yet again. They talk to a local and begin to suspect the garbagemen. Kusanagi plugs into the net and with Section 9 HQ quickly determines the trash route coincides with hacking locations. She takes over driving the van and issues orders to Batou and Ishikawa. The garbagemen are alerted the police are investigating and the hacker husband decides to go to his programmer friend. Togusa and the Major get close. The vehicles arrive together near a man wearing sunglasses at another 'net station. He fires a submachine gun and takes out the Section 9 van. The Major and Togusa scramble out of the wreck as the shooter continues to riddle the van with armour piercing shells. Batou arrives on the scene and the shooter cloaks himself with thermoptic camoflage and tries to escape. Batou notices the blurry camo and fires back. The Major goes to the rooftops to scan. The man enters a crowded street market area. A wild gunfight continues as Batou gives chase. The Major tries also but the man seems to escape and stands in a shallow waterfront. An invisible Major Kusanagi proceeds to kick the man senseless. On questioning Batou and the Major realize the man was also a hacked puppet. Outside a large estate house Aramaki and Section 9 prepare to assault. A helicopter lands on the lawn and a man they believe to be the Puppetmaster disembarks. Further questioning of the garbageman reveals he has been hacked also and given false family memories. Major Kusanagi floats from the depths of the harbour. Batou greets her onboard a boat and asks why she dives. They drink beer and reflect on being high maintenance supercyborgs. The Major speaks briefly in a different voice. In a grimy cityscape the Major rides a water ferry and gazes at the city around her. A sad eyed beagle stares back. On a roadway at night a blonde woman is hit by a car. In the Section 9 lab she is a cyborg wired up and is electro-shocked. She had been built two hours earlier at Megatech and escaped. The body has no organic brain but does have semblance of a ghost. The Major decides to dive into the brain to investigate and pauses to reflect on her own existence. Nakamura from Section 6 Treaties Section of the MFA arrives with an associate. Nakamura shows a card signed by the Foreign Minister and demands the cyborg body. In the parking garage Togusa is suspicious and checks the video of the Section 6 arrival. He reports the men may have come in with thermoptic camoflaged cyborgs. In the lab Aramaki and Nakamura view the partially dissembled torso of the mystery cyborg. The other Section 6 man, Dr. Willis, starts keyboarding and confirms the the cyborg is the Puppetmaster. Section 6 has also been chasing him and they lured him into the cyborg body. The torso comes alive and states it's name is Project 2501, a self aware computer program and requests political asylum. The camoflaged Section 6 cyborgs attack and grab the torso. Before driving away Togusa manages to hit the car with a tracking device bullet. Aramaki authorizes Section 9 to retake Project 2501, but to destroy it if they can't recover it. Meanwhile Ishikawa reports on his investigation. Dr. Willis and the defecting programmer from earlier developed Project 2501 for Japanese Foreign Ministry diplomatic dirty tricks, but somehow they lost control of it. Section 6 is trying to cover it all up. Out in the city Batou realizes there is a decoy car, The cars split up. The one Batou is chasing hits a roadblock and the two men inside are killed by sniper fire. Kusanagi in a helicopter overlooks the other car. She rappels down with her warbag then realizes the car is protected by a large cloaked walking tank. The Major loads up with heavy ammo as Batou rushes to help. After a hot and heavy firefight The Major gets on top of the tank and tries to lift the hatch. Her arms tear off and the tank grappels her head and shakes her like a doll. Batou arrives with an anti-tank weapon and takes out the armoured vehicle. He takes the Project 2501 torso from the car and places it beside the wounded Motoko. In the skies above two Section 6 helos observe and prepare. Batou wires up the Major to the torso. Project 2501 speaks through the Major and explains himself. He states he learned of Section 9 on the 'net and planned this joining up. Project 2501 wants to experience real life and death and proposes a merger with the Major. Batou is unable to disconnect the wires as the Section 6 targeting lasers rove over the female bodies. Section 6 is hacked to give the merger more time. As the Major sees the light the blond torso is destroyed with a headshot. Batou manages to partially cover the Major's face with his arm as another Section 6 shot seems to destroy Kusanagi. In an apartment a young girl with blank eyes sits in a armchair. The girl stirs and is greeted by Batou, it is Kusanagi in the only body Batou could find. 20 hours have passed since the shooting, the Foreign Minister has resigned but the incident will be covered up. The girl gets up to leave and tells Batou she is neither the Puppetmaster nor Major Kusanagi, rather a new being. The newborn states "the 'net is vast and infinite" as she leaves the safe house.
Contribute to this page
- See more gaps
- Learn more about contributing
More from this title
More to explore.
-Welcome to the Hero/Protagonist wiki! If you can help us with this wiki please sign up and help us! Thanks! -M-NUva
- Manga Heroes
- Divine Gate Heroes
- One-Man Army
- Mechanically Modified
- Science Fiction Heroes
- Chaotic Good
- Friend of a Villain
- Protector of Innocence
- Movie Heroes
- Virtually Resourceful
- Type Dependent on Version
- TV Show Heroes
- Comic Book Heroes
- Localized Protection
- Lawful Good
- Martial Artists
- Villain's Lover
- Crossover Heroes
- Science Fantasy Heroes
- View history
Motoko Kusanagi , often addressed simply as The Major, is the main protagonist of the Ghost in the Shell franchise, in all its various continuities. She is the head of the assault team of the Japanese task force known as Section 9, which patrols for and works against acts of cyber-terrorism. Her body is entirely synthetic, with the only thing that makes her human being her soul, or 'ghost'. Each series explore her origin story in a different manner; some allude she was never human while others directly explain tragic events that led to her transformation.
- 2.2 Stand Alone Complex
- 3 Section 9
- 4 Appearance
- 5 Personality
- 7 External Links
History [ ]
To be added.
Stand Alone Complex [ ]
At around age six, Motoko needed to convert into a full prosthetic body with only her brain and part of her spinal cord remaining organic, the rest of her body was entirely artificial and she spent years getting accustomed to using it, upgrading from one model to another as she aged. Motoko became a gifted hacker and was eventually recruited into the police force Public Security 9, an anti-cyber terrorism task force. In conjunction with her need to become cybernetically savvy due to her fully prosthetic body at a young age and her interest in cyber-brain technology Kusanagi was further trained in high-end technology for the task force and is one of the nation's most brilliant hackers and certainly the most brilliant one on government payroll in Japan.
Section 9 [ ]
Kusanagi is the Major of Section 9, second-in-command to Chief Daisuke Aramaki, the official overseer of the entire project. Aramaki rarely gives orders directly, instead trusting the Major with most local oversight and at her own request field-work. The Major is talented enough to hack even active cyber-brains and uses her skill to directly access the memories of suspects, information from prisoners and on occasion even hijacks the bodies of criminals to undermine their own group's crimes. Her current prosthetic body is highly modified from it's original model settings to be more useful for covert espionage and with Kusanagi's highly sophisticated, yet completely biological, brain at the helm she is essentially hack proof.
Appearance [ ]
In SAC, Kusanagi is a somewhat tall, thin young woman with blue-purple hair and red-violet eyes (though in the original movie, these was changed to black and blue-grey respectively). When on the job, her two main outfits are her JGSDF khaki military uniform and form fitting combat suit.
Personality [ ]
For the most part Kusanagi is a no nonsense cop. Technically all field work such as spying, breaking and entering and the purchase of black market goods are illegal but all such activities are expected of Section 9 and covered up due to an understanding with the Prime Ministry. Also though Kusanagi may occasionally circumvent normal police procedure to spare those that might normally become victimized by the system by in large, she is dedicated to her job and safe guarding the public, and so is more than willing to make sacrifices if she deems it necessary.
A defining trait of Kusanagi's is her unrelenting fearlessness. It is shown very frequently that she is overconfident to the point of being suicidally brave and feels no fear in situations where ever her hardened comrades are inclined to back down. There are many occasions in the franchise where Batou will tell her not to "do anything stupid" and she proceeds to do it anyway. Part of this is some definitely justified self-confidence, given she can demonstrably outperform almost any member of her highly skilled team in any given area, and is more resourceful than all of them combined, She is also very stoic and seems to be fazed by almost nothing; Batou even notes this once, asking if there's anything she's afraid of. Ultimately, however, Kusanagi is still very much human and can be taken by surprise and overwhelmed.
Despite her seemingly cold attitude, Kusanagi is far from heartless. She considers her fellow officers not just partners but friends and is close with both Batou and Chief Aramaki in particular. She despises anyone who harms children, since she was fatally wounded as a child herself and was only saved by her cybernetic upgrades.
Appearances [ ]
- Ghost in the Shell (1995)
- Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (2004)
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society (2006)
- Ghost in the Shell 2.O
- Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie (2015)
- Ghost in the Shell (2017)
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (2002-2005, 52 episodes)
- Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C 2nd GIG (2004-2005)
- Ghost in the Shell: Arise
- Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Alternative Architecture (2015)
- Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C_2045 (2020-2022)
- Ghost in the Shell (1995, 1 appearance)
- Ghost in the Shell (1998, 9 appearances)
- Ghost in the Shell 2: Man-Machine Interface (2003, 11 appearances)
- Ghost in the Shell 2: Man-Machine Interface (2005, 1 appearance)
- Ghost in the Shell 1.5: Human Error Processor (2006, 8 appearances)
- Ghost in the Shell 1.5: Human-Error Processor (2007, 1 appearance)
- The Ghost in the Shell (2009-10, 1 appearance)
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (2011, 2 appearances)
- Edge of Spider-Verse (2014, 1 appearance)
- The Ghost in the Shell Deluxe Edition (2017, 3 appearances)
- The Ghost in the Shell: Global Neural Network (2018, 1 appearance)
- Ghost in the Shell (1997)
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (2004)
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (2005)
- Ghost in the Shell: First Assault - Stand Alone Complex Online (2016)
- Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2 (2018)
External Links [ ]
- Motoko on Wikipedia
- Motoko on the Ghost in the Shell Wiki
- 1 Rose (The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic)
- 2 Ken Usato
- 3 Sung Jin-Woo
30 Best Motoko Kusanagi Cosplays From The Ghost in the Shell
Posted: January 1, 2024 | Last updated: January 1, 2024
Ghost In The Shell is a cyborg Anime, and it has several series as well as movies. But the anime is at another level. The franchise made each show with Sci-Fi scenes. Ghost In The Shell was created by Masamune Shirow.
Kodansha is the original publisher of every anime and film. They also created Live Action movies, which were released in 2017. Most of the series has similar characters, and the world is filled with high technology and cyberpunk themes.
The advancements and development of humans to a new stage with the help of technology are shown with detailed versions. The Ghost In The Shell is Adapted from its original name, and it was directed by Mamoru Oshii.
The Ghost In The Shell refers to the anime, where the cyborgs are like ghosts who can do any task without any knowledge. They act like dark agents, like ghosts, who don’t show their true identity but make their own existence within the realm.
The shell means that every cyborg has new powers in her body. So, it refers to the body as the shell. They are sleepers in their bodies.
The story is set in modern technology, which has the ability to build new cyborgs. It’s a new stage of evolution for humans. The main character, Motoko Kusanagi, is a cyborg who has robotic parts in her body. The new type of cyborg has the ability to do multiple tasks, the same as a robot.
Motoko Kusanagi is a leader of the Public Security Section 9 in Japan. She is an assassin who tries to maintain peace in the New Port City. All the humanoids who have the ability, like a robot, can hack and use the internet without needing external applications. The government and politicians’ involvement are rather shown as actual scenarios like the real world.
By creating new intelligence, each and every corporation and government tries to get power over the world. Motoko Kusanagi and their team, along with other cyborgs, try to complete their missions from the Nakamura, who is a chief for section 6. The new creation of Intelligence was often seen in the animes and series.
Motoko Kusanagi’s character is designed by Hiroyuki Okiura, and she has purple hair which is short, with black and purple coats. She looks the same as Black Widow from the Avengers. She has red eyes, and she is an expert in combat as well as shooting. She can hack any computer with her brain and cyborg powers.
The characters from the Ghost In The Shell are getting popular, and fans are cosplaying with new outfits. Everyone wants to be a cyborg right, so they are entering into the cyborg world by cosplaying their favorite characters. But Motoko Kusanagi is one the most popular among them. Here are the 30 Best Motoko Kusanagi Cosplays from Ghost In The Shell.
Little_giuli is from Italy. Zhalia is her real name. She is a Gamer who always streams. She has 79k followers on Instagram. She is a Genshin Impact anime fan, and she mostly cosplayed all the Genshin Impact characters. Her cosplays always mesmerize.
She cosplayed Kuki Shinobu, Mona, Nilou from Genshin Impact, Maid from Cyber Punk, and Marin Kitagawa from My Dress Up Darling.
She is from Russia, Rostov. She wants to be a cosplayer. She consistently makes cosplay content on her social media. She gets a lot of views and likes. Sometimes, she gets around 20k or 30k likes. In every cosplay, she demonstrated the uniqueness and the shadings, which are similar to the cosplay characters.
You can see the similarity in the cosplay with fine backgrounds—Edge Runner from Cyber Punk, Tatsumaki from One Punch Man, Nazuna, and some Pokémon characters.
Yui930 is a Chinese Cosplayer. She does 2D rigging, and sometimes, she loves to draw some characters from fiction. Besides cosplaying, she manages an online store that sells her works of 2D live characters.
Her daily life is always cosplaying, drawing, and making art. She is like a model, so she always posts content related to beauty and traveling. Some of her cosplays are Lucy from Cyber Punk and Jolyne Cujoh from JoJo’s Bizarre.
Shirogane_sama is living in Turkey, Istanbul. She is one of the most famous cosplayers in Turkey, with over 800k followers on her Instagram. She also has wig-making talent. It sure gives her advantages in her cosplays.
She maintains her personal account besides her professional one. In her cosplays, she actively focuses on her expressions, which gives her an advantage because she has some modeling skills—Lucy from Cyber Punk, Asuka, which is a cyber version, and Yuzuriha from Hell’s Paradise .
She is actually from Japan, and she is getting into cosplays as a new one. But she is actively posting her content without any breaks. Her uniqueness is in making the cosplays with attraction and lighting effects with suitable effects. Her designs seem to be getting improved these days.
When she gets a day off, she is mostly content with nature mostly. Some of her best cosplays are Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia, Little Mermaid from Disney, Makima and Power from Chainsaw Man, and Perona from One Piece.
She is from Sydney, Aus. She works as an event coordinator in Yokai_beatz. Playing Games and streaming are part of the hobby. She is good at making her own makeup and changing her outfit to the exact character.
The visual effects in her cosplays were incredible. they all have detailed highlights of the character. She has 31k followers on Instagram—Y’shtola Rhul from Final Fantasy, Bride Sombra from Overwatch, and Makima from Chainsaw Man.
She is a cosplayer who is addicted to pasta. She is a Full-Time Goober, and she loves Fire Emblem, Xeno Blade, and Zelda. Because they are her favorite among the animes, she makes cosplays at events and collabs with new cosplayers all the time.
She recreates the characters with new features. As for now, she is cosplaying sometimes, but you can get all the official information from her social media pages. Mari Anne from Fire Emblem, Mikasa from Attack On Titan, Kurapika from Hunter X Hunter , and Nilou from Genshin Impact.
Being a Celebrity is not an easy task, but she pulls it through with her talents. She is originally from Los Angeles. She has been cosplaying for a long time. She always meets celebrities like Jason Momoa. She is always interested in attending the events and premieres.
She has 264k followers and is making more progress. She collaborates with Amazon, Paramount, Netflix, and Marvel. Some of her cosplays are mostly of realistic characters like Marvel, Disney, and DC. She cosplayed Sky Rim Mad Hatter, and some are from Star Wars, X-Men, and Disney characters.
She is from Norway. She is the organizer at Magicon_Norway. As a cosplayer, she mainly focuses on anime characters. Apart from that, she loves Games. She often plays and streams her games on her social media.
She hits the Gym and does workouts all the time. She completed PhD, but as a cosplayer, she is a very enthusiastic girl. She cosplayed Mikasa from Attack On Titan, Yor Forger from Spy X Family, and Nargacuga from Monster Hunter.
She is a United States cosplayer, and she lives in Virginia. Her hobbies are mostly photography and attending events and conventions. She has some new ideas that match the character in the animes.
Apart from choreographing and photography, she has modeling skills as well. She posts a lot of cosplays of her and some anime events. She posts about her personal and professional life on her social media as well. She cosplayed characters from different animes.
She is a Russian cosplayer who loves to do Mermaid Characters mostly. She loves Sailor Moon, Games, and Disney, which are all part of her content. She maintains a separate account for more cosplays. She has 42k followers on her Instagram. Her cosplays are very attractive, and they all shine with brightness.
She also makes some Comic videos with her friends. Making photosets and backstage videos are her hobbies. She cosplayed Mitsuri from Demon Slayer, Yor Forger from Spy X Family , Lynette from Genshin Impact, Elsa from Frozen, and Jolyne from Jojo Bizarre Adventures.
Her name is Mary, and she is originally from Russia. She loves to travel to different countries like Japan and Moscow. Her cosplays are well-created with new textures for the characters, and she is mostly perfect at cosplaying web characters from animes.
She is a big fan of Bleach. She cosplayed Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach, Hua Cheng, Makima, Orihime, Una Trish from JoJo Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo, Unohana Yachiru and Mona from Genshin Impact.
She is an Australian cosplayer, and she has been cosplaying since 2019. She always makes real-life aftereffects with her modeling skills. She was honored to be on the cover page for Cyber Punk, and she made the outfits and all required things from scratch.
Collaborating and doing stuff is her interest. She cosplayed Lucy from Genshin Impact, Ciri from The Witcher, Wonder Woman, and some Halloween characters. Mostly, she males the characters from Anime, DC, Marvel, and some Disney characters.
Silhouette_damour is from Boorloo. She is a DJ and a cosplayer. You can see her charm in every post. As a model herself, she puts her full effort into her cosplaying. She streams on Twitch, plays games, and does stuff. She smiles all the time, which makes her content even more interesting.
She cosplayed Kiki, Aqua from Kingdom Of Hearts, Booette from Super Maria, Nana Osaki, Princess Hilda from The Legend of Zelda, Ahegao, Misty from Pokémon and some Halloween cosplays.
Hoshineko.cos is from Piedmont, Italy. Her actual name is Chiara, alias Hoshineko. One of her favorite characters is Yor Forger from Spy X Family. As a cosplayer, she makes so many characters with her own work and makes them a little bit more effective.
You can see her perfection in her cosplays, and some of them were incredible. Some of them are Saber Artoria, Nero, Rin, and Ishtar from Fate, SpongeBob, Rem from Re-Zero, and Ciri from The Witcher.
She is from Ohio, and she is doing business in Columbus. She has several skills which have taken a key role in her cosplaying. She works as a graphic designer, and sometimes she likes to compete in swimming competitions. She is a USMS swimmer.
She cosplays Marvel, Anime, and Fictional characters. She cosplayed from Star Wars, Miss Marvel, Moira from Overwatch, Katniss from Hunter Games, Belle, Hawke from Dragon Angell 2, and Luna Freya from Final Fantasy.
She is an Artist, Cosplayer, and Photographer. Despite being a disabled person, she made so much content. She is actively making content on Twitch, Instagram, and other social media. She is an entrepreneur, and as a businesswoman, she is quite good at handling the content on her own.
She cosplays like Kawai characters, which mesmerizes her fans. She cosplayed Clara Honkai, Rapi, and Diesel from Nikke: Goddess Of Victory, Jinx from League Of Legends , and Yoimiya from Genshin Impact.
She is a Local fashion model nerd. She lives in the United States, and she does cosplay, modeling, and other social media stuff in NYC. She plays games, but she is not good at playing Tekken. She has 43k followers on Instagram. Her cosplays look professional once.
She actively participates in anime events and fashion modeling. Her content-making skills are very good, which makes her popular. She cosplayed Power from Chainsaw Man, Yoruichi, Ann Takamaki from Persona 5, and Rebecca from Cyber Punk.
She is a German cosplayer. She loves Kingdom Of Hearts Anime. She is a newbie in the cosplaying field, but her talent makes her a perfect model. She mostly cosplayed all female characters from her favorite animes.
She also had a Twin, Natsuochan. She is a skilled cosplayer, and with that, she has made some fans. She cosplayed Aqua from Kingdom Of Hearts, Aesop Carl, Sophie, Remilia, Caroline & Justine from Persona 5.
She is a Model who makes Stunning cosplays. Her cosplays give a glimpse of the real-time characters. In her every cosplay, you can see some major changes, which include aftereffects and visual effects.
She cosplayed Rogue from Cyber Punk, Jill from Resident Evil, Harley Quinn from Batman, Lara Craft, Lucy from Cyber Punk, Power and Makima from Chainsaw Man, Princess Zelda, and Yennefer from The Witcher.
O.nessa.n is a cosplayer, but she just started her journey as a cosplayer. She makes waifus characters from the animes. She wants to cosplay Azur Lane, Orleans, and some Isekai characters. She makes cosplays in her free time.
She works as a business lady in her office. But she has the skills and interest to make a perfect cosplay from the animes. She cosplayed Hizuru Minakata, Rinko, Tsunade from Naruto, Misato Katsuragi, Emme Nikke, and Makima from Chainsaw Man.
Violetdegenerate is a Graphic Designer. Her full name is Vera. She makes new Designs of different characters from anime. She attends anime events and concerts.
She also creates new characters with her editing skills. She cosplayed Misato Katsuragi and Asuka Shikinami, and she posted content related to the events.
She is from LA, and as a model, she makes content related to movie and anime events. Sandy Navarro is her real name. She is a Samba Dancer. She has 50k followers on her TikTok.
She participates in different gaming anime collaborations. She cosplayed Bayonetta, she cosplayed Motoko with detailed characters, and the pose she made is the exact pose from the anime.
She is a well-known celebrity from Indonesia. She is popular among the Indonesian cosplayers. She is the Top 3 contestant in Esports Award cosplay Las Vegas 2022. She is the Tokyo Game Show ID Rep 2019. She cosplays, plays games, and makes new arts and music sometimes.
She has over 636k followers on her Instagram. Her modeling skills were off the charts because her cosplays and character designs looked outstanding. She cosplayed Yor Forger from Spy X Family, Mei Mei from Jujutsu Kaisen , and Yamato from One Piece.
She is from Antofagasta, Chile. She is a cosmaker and makes Props all the time. With fine editing skills and the ability to create some extra features for the characters, she is good at creating more details with her crafts.
She cosplayed some Bunny characters and some Isekai female characters. Mostly, she posts about events and other stuff.
She is from the Netherlands. She won so many awards for cosplaying. She participated in the World Cosplay Championship. Yoc may see her in some concerts and anime parades in the Netherlands. She cosplayed Esper Terra from Final Fantasy, Gohan from Dragon Ball, and Gamora from Guardians Of The Galaxy.
She is from the USA, and she has been cosplaying since 1998, but she seems so young. She loves Sakura Haruno from Naruto; you can see her character design, which has natural designs and no heavy makeup.
She cosplayed Daki from Demon Slayer, Anastasia, Anko Mitarashi from Naruto, Ryuko, Lucy from Cuber Punk, and Yor Forger from Spy X Family.
She is from Massachusetts, USA. Jen is her real name. She is a cosplayer and a Gamer. She streams on Twitch. But she is comfortable with streaming whatever she thinks. She wears Ears and Horns while streaming. Her hobbies are drawing, Fanfic, writing, streaming, and cosplaying.
She cosplayed Nobara Kugisaki from Jujutsu Kaisan, Yor Forger from Spy X Family, Zenitsu from Demon Slayer, Nagisa from Assassination Classroom, and some from League Of Legends.
She is an enthusiastic cosplayer. Her way of living happily is traveling and cosplaying. She created a new account, and she is maintaining it with the cosplaying and making content stuff. All her cosplays have similarities, and she tries to make them perfect.
Some of her cosplays are improving with new cosplays of characters. She cosplayed Lumine from Genshin Impact, Twisted Wonderland characters, and Obey Me! Shall We Date, Chizuru Yukimura from Hakuoki and Link from The Legend of Zelda
She is from France. She has been cosplaying for 3 years. She makes 2 Photoshoots for every month. She makes excellent content, and her cosplays always mesmerize her fans. Her real name is Mira Ladovira. After that, she changed her name to Mira Basnak. The Witcher Series, Elder Scrolls, and Fan Cry are her favorite Games.
She, the character, comes to live in her cosplays. She gives full effort in her cosplays. She will be a popular cosplayer in the coming years. She cosplayed Ciri, Wednesday Addams, Kitana, Evelyn Parker from Cyber Punk, Triss Merigold, and Bellatrix Lestrange.
Read the full post on 30 Best Motoko Kusanagi Cosplays From The Ghost in the Shell
More for You
Trump’s Republican challenger arrested, and it raises questions of “retribution”
Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes has helmet shattered during playoff game vs. Miami
Bill O’Reilly Is Furious As His Own Titles Get Removed After Supporting Florida Book Bans
The discovery of the Roman dodecahedron simply reminds us of how stupid we are
Russian journalist who criticized Putin's admin of 'gigantic corruption' found dead
'They're not super forthcoming': This dentist says don't ask if your oral health provider takes your insurance – you could end up paying $1,200 for a root canal. Do this instead
Judge Cannon Hands Donald Trump Much-Needed Delay in Blow to Jack Smith
Falcons hope for 'Andy Reid-type impact' with Bill Belichick
Letters: A president has a right to free speech; Capitol riot was no insurrection
Net Worth for Retirees: How To Tell if You’re Poor, Middle-Class, Upper Middle-Class or Rich
My cousin left his estate to 6 relatives, but only one cousin, worth $30 million, received the inheritance — due to an ‘unexpected surprise’
AI Drone-Killer RB-109A Bylina Meets Its Demise in Ukraine
Trump returns to court for new E Jean Carroll trial – and it could prove costly
New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu dismisses Rand Paul's website blasting Nikki Haley: 'I'm sorry, but nobody cares what Rand Paul thinks'
U.S. health officials ask DEA to reclassify marijuana following review
White House staff 'relocated' after pro-Palestinian rioters damage anti-scale fencing, hurl objects at cops
Here is the average income for retirees in the US — how do you compare?
Watch a gigantic ‘slingshot’ hurl a satellite into the stratosphere
Massive Gas Outage Threatens Millions Of Americans’ Energy Supplies Amid Arctic Storm
I'm an American living in Mexico. I've seen the effects gentrification has on the locals and wish other expats would stop doing these 5 things here.
VS Battles Wiki
We have moved to a new external forum hosted at https://vsbattles.com
For information regarding the procedure that needs to be exactly followed to register there, please click here .
- Ghost in the Shell
- Anime Characters
- Armor Users
- Body Control Users
- Book Characters
- Camouflage Users
- Computer Users
- Cyberpunk Characters
- Drone Users
- Dual Wielders
- Duplication Users
- Energy Users
- Enhanced Senses Users
- Explosion Users
- Federal Agents
- Female Characters
- Game Characters
- Good Characters
- Information Analysis Users
- Information Users
- Invisibility Users
- Knife Users
- Light Novel Characters
- Light Users
- Martial Artists
- Memory Users
- Military Characters
- Movie Characters
- OVA Characters
- Perception Users
- Police Officers
- Possession Users
- Power Mimicry Users
- Primary Protagonists
- Science Fiction Characters
- Self-Destruction Users
- Self-Sustenance Users
- Smoke Users
- Status Effect Users
- Stealth Masters
- Technology Users
- Temperature Users
- Thrown Weapon Users
- Vehicular Masters
- Weapon Masters
Motoko Kusanagi (SAC)
- View history
- 1st & 2nd GIG
- Solid State Society
- First Assault
- 2.1 Strength
- 2.2 Speed/Agility
- 2.3 Durability
- 2.4 Marksmanship/Firearms
- 2.5 Cybernetics
- 2.6 Hacking
- 5 References
- 6 Discussions
Motoko Kusanagi (草薙 素子, Kusanagi Motoko ) is the main character in Masamune Shirow's Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex anime series. She is an advanced cyborg with highly advanced capabilities, recognized as a true professional in her line of duty. Often referred only as " The Major " (少佐), Motoko is one of the best police agents out there, and her squad, known as Section 9, is highly regarded as well. In the Stand Alone Complex continuity, Motoko Kusanagi is a confident, calculating, and somewhat aloof individual. Despite that, she is far from emotionless; she knows how to be friendly and her peers find her quite approachable, while her rage is something to behold. Yet deeper under the shell, she guards the story of her cyberization, or full-body prosthesis procedure, which damaged her memories from her childhood.
Over the course of the series, she and her team take on particular cases known as "Stand Alone Complexes": processes or events which harbor no point of origin, leading multiple independent people towards one mutual goal. Beneath the veneer of organized crime, she uncovers plots such as the Laughing Man, the Individual Eleven, the Solid State Society, and the post-human phenomenon.
Powers and Stats
Tier : 9-B , higher with self-destruct, guns and think tanks. Varies via hacking | Unknown
Key: On foot/with think tanks | Uploaded to the net
Name: Motoko Kusanagi, The Major, Major "Macho", Chroma (pseudonym)
Origin: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Age: Prosthetic body appears 24, likely much older chronologically
Classification: Full-prosthetic humanoid, JGSDF officer (formerly), Section 9 field commander, Mercenary
Powers and Abilities:
- Uploaded to the net
Superhuman strength, speed, durability, endurance , agility , full cyborgization , skilled in martial arts and the use of firearms , Enhanced Senses , Cyber Mind, expert hacker (her expertise in this area allows her to mimic such powers as telepathy , possession , Illusion Creation , obtain memories and various offensive Mind Control and mental powers , scrambling of the senses , Perception Manipulation , Technology Manipulation ), Digital Interaction , Can use other bodies and objects as duplicates , Thermo - Optical Camouflage (which allows her to become invisible , mask body heat emissions and have mastery of stealth ), Strategic, tactical, detective and criminal genius , Self-Sustenance (Types 1 & 2), Summoning , Vehicular Mastery , Information Analysis , Immortality (Types 1, 2 & 6), Smoke and Explosives , Self-Destruction , major Resistance to Hacking , Pain and Alcohol Immunity
All from previous via Technology Manipulation , Data Manipulation , Information Manipulation and Hacking , Self-Sustenance (Type 1, 2, & 3), Information Manipulation , Can possess/download into a robotic body
Attack Potency : Wall level , higher with self-destruct, guns and think tanks ( Fired a high powered sniper rifle using only one arm ,  can summon and command a fleet of Tachikomas or Uchikomas). Varies via hacking (Can gain control of people with cyberbrains and access to various machines) | Unknown
Speed : Subsonic+ ( Can jump across very long distances, can easily climb up or jump down buildings unharmed as well as scale walls ), Hypersonic reactions (Shot down bullets in mid flight with her own gun in mid combat)
Lifting Strength : Class 10 ( Held back a moving helicopter, the helicopter had easily been dragging the Tachikoma, a miniature tank ). Varies via hacking | Unknown
Striking Strength : Wall level (Comparable to Hideo Kuze who busted through walls by jumping through them and is capable of leaping hundreds of meters). Varies via hacking | Unknown
Durability : At least Wall level (Her cybernetic body is complete with a titanium skeleton and is essentially immune to most small arms fire, got slammed into the ground by a mech and then stomped on hard enough to have cratered the ground beneath her  ), higher with think tanks. Varies via hacking | Unknown
Stamina : Superhuman (Her cybernetic body means she is unlikely to ever tire in a fight) | Limitless
Range : Standard Melee Range , Hundreds of Meters with guns, Planetary or more if her opponent is connected to the net in some way
Standard Equipment :
Major's hidden weapons cache
- Seburo M5 pistol
- C26 submachine gun
- Seburo C-26A
- C-30 assault rifle (which includes a grenade launcher)
- Heckler & Koch VP70
- Walther WA 2000
- Light urban combat armor
- Thermo-Optical Camouflage
- Her various duplicates
- Seburo Sniper Rifle
- British Bullpup Rifle
- MAC-11 
- Can vary via hacking
- 7.62×51mm Light Machine Gun: Equipment mounted in the right arm.
- GE M134 Minigun
- 50 mm Grenade Launcher: A secondary weapon hardpoint in the "snout", Capable of launching both explosive and gas grenades.
- Six-barrelled 12.7×99mm Gatling Gun: Another secondary weapon which can replace the 50 mm grenade launcher.
- Universal cybernetic connector on an extensible, prehensile cable in the left arm
- Liquid wires that can be used for grappling, rappelling or for restraining purposes
- Machine Gun
- Gatling Gun
- Grenade Launcher
Intelligence : Motoko is extremely intelligent and experienced in the field both as a soldier and officer. In Solid State Society she was considered irreplaceable when she left her unit, Section 9. She can also hack into the minds of others to gather intelligence from them.
Weaknesses: Her body can be hacked
- Crushed a cyborg's arm with a flip kick.
- Jumped several meters into the air and kicked a cyborg hard enough to cave in its abdomen.
- Took out two robots with one clean blow each.
- Brawled with another cyborg and avoided every blow before taking him out with a single kick to the jaw.
- Restrained another Cyborg and broke her arm by wrenching it.
- Fired a high powered sniper rifle using only one arm.
- This feat took place immediately after the feats in the durability section in which her arm was blown off and she was stomped on by a mech.
- The aforementioned rifle has been used against tanks and can easily shred through tank armour .
- Flicked a coin with enough precision and strength to destroy a security camera.
- Stopped a very large military helicopter from flying off using a rope, the helicopter had easily been dragging the Tachikoma, a miniature tank.
- A Section 9 Trainee stated she could easily destroy aluminum grating.
- Indented a metal door and knocked out a cyborg by pulling on it's nose.
- Jumped out of the way of gunfire.
- Lept out of the way of a grenade launcher.
- Lept forward a large distance without losing any height.
- Jumped back and forth between two buildings repeatedly and reached a great height.
- Avoided attacks from a powerful piston.
- Stole Batou's car keys without him noticing.
- Dropped a large distance and was unharmed.
- Blocked a chop from a large cyborg that cracked the ground beneath her feet.
- Got punched through a window by a large android.
- Was still moving after having her arm blown off.
- Got slammed into the ground by a mech and then stomped on hard enough to have cratered the ground beneath her.
- Lept from a helicopter very high in the sky without a parachute.
- Got hit by the after effects of a nearby missile, which sent a piece of rubble flying at her and caused the ground to collapse beneath her.
- Shot out a man's ankle from a long distance away using a pistol.
- Obliterated the metal head of a robot.
- Fired at and killed three invisible cyborgs with a handgun while running.
- Jumped out of a helicopter and fired into a building, landing 3 head shots on a man inside the building in a crowded room.
- Shot the blade of a sword mid swing.
- Can communicate mentally with other cyborgs.
- Capable of turning invisible to the naked eye.
- Walked around a factory without any of the workers noticing her, a mini tank with the same tech went similarly unnoticed.
- Has multiple defensive barriers to guard against hacking.
- Has software to assist in aiming at short, mid, and long range.
- Plugged herself into a robot giving her the location of where it was being controlled from as well as causing the terminal controlling it to malfunction.
- She also uploaded a virus into this cyborg, which allowed her squad to track him.
- Hacked into a car's GPS and created a fake traffic jam to divert their path.
- Has a "Dummy Barrier" to protect her from a booby trapped virus.
- Remotely hacked into a robot's body and takes control of it.
- Sent out a virus that took out several nearby vehicles.
- Hacked Batou and made him punch himself.
- Hijacked a cyborg's body via a phone call and used it to perform recon.
- She had enough control to force him to fire upon his own allies.
- Hacked Batou's eyes without him noticing.
- Type 2902 Thermo-Optical Camouflage: An active camouflage system that renders Motoko nearly invisible in the visible spectrum of light (IE: to the naked eye).
- Attack Barrier: Essentially a computer virus that those with a Cyberbrain can use against others with Cyberbrains, killing them.
- Back Hack: Can hack into cybernetic parts of others including the senses, being able to see what they see, for example. She can also use this to obtain the memories of others as well as sense other phenomena on the net. Motoko can also use this technique to actively control the bodies of others, such as forcing an enemy to shoot his own comrades . This technique can also be utilized to create illusions in the target's senses (as demonstrated by Batou).
- Self-Destruct: Motoko's body is filled with explosives that can detonate if she so wishes.
Note: This profile covers the SAC version of Kusanagi.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Stand Alone Complex, C: Left-Behind Trace – ERASER
- ↑ S.A.C. 2nd GIG, DI: Mother and Child – RED DATA
- 1 Tiering System
- 2 Satoru Gojo
- 3 Yogiri Takatou
- View history
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Reference
History [ ]
Mira Killian, the sole survivor of a cyberterrorist attack which killed her parents, is chosen as the test subject after her body is damaged beyond repair. Over the objections of her designer Dr. Ouelet , Hanka Robotics CEO Cutter decides to use Killian as a counter-terrorism operative.
A year later, Killian has attained the rank of Major in the counter-terrorism bureau Section 9 , working alongside operatives Batou and Togusa under Chief Daisuke Aramaki . Killian, who experiences hallucinations that Ouelet dismisses as glitches, is troubled by how little she remembers of her past.
After following up on a case of cyber-terrorism. A hacker directly targeting Hanka robotics scientist, this eventually leads the Major to a yakuza hideout where she meets Kuze. Kuze captures her telling her the truth of the corporation and how it's manipulating her. Batou and Section 9 end up saving her before she can ask more questions.
Curious about her past the Major investigated the clues left behind and found her mother in the lawless zone. Cutter believing she had been a failure ordered Dr. Ouelet to terminate her. Instead Ouelet let the Major go giving her the freedom she once possessed, this led to the death of Ouelet by Cutters hands. Major Killian now free got in contact with Aramaki warning him of Hanaka Robotics, Section 9 went on the offensive as Aramaki went to talk to the Prime Minister.
The Major met up with Kuze in the lawless zone where they as kids would hang out, they remembered their old names before the experiments 'Motoko' and 'Hideo.' Ambushed by Cutter and a Spider Tank, the Major barely manages to survive while disabling the tank. The rest of Section 9 shows up and defeats the Hanka forces, as Aramaki disposes of Cutter as ordered by the PM.
Major Motoko Kusanagi meets with her mother again, and is still able to operate in New Port City under Section 9.
- "You are not defined by your past, but for your actions."
- "They created me. But they can not control me."
Appearances [ ]
- Ghost in the Shell 2017
Reference [ ]
- ↑ Rupert Sanders, Ghost in the Shell Film, 2017
- 1 Motoko Kusanagi
- 2 Laughing Man
- 3 Public Security Section 9 (organization)
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: SAC 2045 - Season 1
The following weapons were used in Season 1 of the anime series Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: SAC_2045 :
- 1.1 Glock 17
- 1.2 Heckler & Koch Mark 23
- 1.3 Heckler & Koch USP
- 1.4 Seburo M5
- 1.5 SIG-Sauer P226
- 1.6 SIG-Sauer P320 TACOPS Carry
- 1.7 Unknown Pistols
- 2.2 Fictional carbine
- 2.3 FN SCAR-L
- 2.5 Seburo AR
- 3.1 Kel-Tec KSG
- 3.2 Remington Model 870
- 4.1 Saito's Anti-Personnel Sniper Rifle
- 4.2 Saito's Anti-Materiel Sniper Rifle
- 5.1 Browining M2HB
- 5.2 M134 Minigun
- 5.3 M230 Chain Gun
- 5.4 Tachikoma Claw Machine Gun
- 6.1 Mk 19 Grenade Launcher
- 6.2 Tachikoma Grenade Launcher
- 7.1 FIM-92 Stinger
- 8.1 Shock Grenade
- 8.2 Smoke Grenade
- 9.1 Raider Weapons
- 9.2 Improvised Gun Rack
The Glock 17 is used by a couple of elderly bank robbers in "PIE IN THE SKY - First Bank Robbery". It's also used by officers working under Public Security Section 3, seen in "ASSEMBLE - What Came About as a Result of Togusa's Death". Niihama Metropolitan Police Department Security Police officers and Kyoto Prefectural Police officers use them as their sidearms.
Heckler & Koch Mark 23
The Heckler & Koch Mark 23 is seen with a Nomad in "NO NOISE NO LIFE - Sustainable War".
Heckler & Koch USP
A Heckler & Koch USP is seen with a masked VR avatar when Togusa was unmasked in an investigation in "MAVERICK - Missing In Action".
The Seburo M5 is seen with Togusa in the season, now a plainclothes officer after Public Security Section 9 was disbanded prior to 2045. He later uses it after he gets back to Section 9.
A SIG-Sauer P226 based on the railed version is used by the Major as her sidearm whie leading the GHOSTs. She later uses it after he gets back to Section 9.
SIG-Sauer P320 TACOPS Carry
The SIG-Sauer P320 TACOPS Carry is seen with American Empire National Security Agency (NSA) agents as their sidearm.
The AKS-74 is seen with (seemingly Russian Vozdushno-desantnye voyska Rossii (VDV)) paratroopers invading a Japanese school in "EDGELORD - Revolution of the 14-Year-Olds". An unnamed paratrooper uses an AKS-74 to take out corrupt KPP officers in "NOSTALGIA - All Will Become N."
A fictional carbine is seen with a Nomad in "NO NOISE NO LIFE - Sustainable War". It's also seen with a Fukuoka Special Assault Team (SAT) element in "PIE IN THE SKY - First Bank Robbery".
The FN SCAR-L is seen with Nomads in the GHOSTS arc. In "AT YOUR OWN RISK - Divided by a Wall", they're seen with American Empire soldiers.
The M20A5 is seen with American Empire special forces units as their primary weapon. They're shown with ACOGs and M203 grenade launchers . It appears that the shape is influenced by the FAMAS .
A Seburo-based AR based on the C30 is used by the GHOSTS. It appears that the improvements made include a rail on the upper receiver to install optics and a shorter barrel with a laser sight, already hidden inside the receiver. A built-in underbarrel grenade launcher is also installed.
The Kel-Tec KSG is seen with Ishikawa in "SACRIFICIAL PAWN - Emissary from the Divide" as his secondary weapon while under GHOST.
Remington Model 870
The Remington Model 870 is seen with the Obsidian CEO in "MAVERICK - Missing In Action". An elderly bank guard named Nashida uses it in "PIE IN THE SKY - First Bank Robbery".
Saito's anti-personnel sniper rifle.
Saito uses a fictional AP sniper rifle in the series. It appears to have a chassis based on the Cadex chassis.
Saito's Anti-Materiel Sniper Rifle
After the GHOSTs are tasked to raid Patrick Huge's compound, Saito uses a fictional anti-materiel rifle to take out androids or anything else with heavy armor.
The Browning M2HB is seen mounted on vehicles, usually turning them to improvised technical vehicles. A version of the M2HB is seen in a RCWS mount used in an IFV in "AT YOUR OWN RISK - Divided by a Wall".
The M134 Minigun is seen with some of the Tachikomas repurposed by the Major and the rest of Section 9 when they form GHOSTS.
M230 Chain Gun
A futurized M230 Chain Gun is seen on an unmarked gunship in "SACRIFICIAL PAWN - Emissary from the Divide". It's also seen with the Section 9 helicopter. In previous SAC seasons, they were not armed.
Tachikoma Claw Machine Gun
The Tachikoma's claws are equipped with built-in machine gun when they encounter enemies in close quarters.
Mk 19 grenade launcher.
The Mk 19 Grenade Launcher is seen in "NO NOISE NO LIFE - Sustainable War" with a Nomad Gun Truck. Patrick Huge's personal Armed Suit has a AGL pistol fashioned after the Mk 19 in "PATRICK HUGE - Gift from God".
Tachikoma Grenade Launcher
The Tachikomas can have a grenade launcher installed in the place of the M134 in certain occasions.
A FIM-92 Stinger is used by Batou in "AT YOUR OWN RISK - Divided by a Wall" to take out a drone armed with Hellfire missiles.
The RPG-7 is used by various bad guys in the season.
Improvised Gun Rack
- Japanese Produced/Filmed