The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: All The Ghost Locations For The Lost Dead Ghosts Quest
How to help Eris Morn find Ghosts.
By Chris Pereira on November 14, 2019 at 8:04AM PST
Destiny 2 's Shadowkeep expansion is rich in places to discover and activities to complete, including cool new attractions like the Alters of Sorrow and Nightmare Hunts. You'll find many chests around the moon and as rewards for completing activities, and often when you open them, you'll discover new consumable items called a Lost Ghost Trace . These items unlock a new series of bounties from Eris Morn that require you to use the clues in their descriptions to find the Dead Ghosts of fallen Guardians, and each one provides a bit of history about the Great Disaster, an event in which thousands of Guardians fell to the Hive god Crota. Finding each one unlocks a lore Triumph that tells the story of what happened to the Guardians who perished on the moon years ago, in Destiny 2's backstory. It's a fascinating insight into the world Bungie has built.
There are at least eight dead Ghosts to locate, but they work differently than those in Destiny 1, which you could discover on your own. Shadowkeep's dead Ghosts involve acquiring a Lost Ghost Trace and then cashing it in with Eris for a quest to find a Ghost in a specific location on the moon. That in turns rewards you with a new lore book and Phantasmal Fragments.
Hearthstone: Festival of Legends | Official Cinematic Reveal Trailer
Palworld | Early Access Release Date Announcement Trailer
Dead by Daylight | Alan Wake Official Reveal Trailer
TEKKEN 8 - Official “Story so Far" Trailer ft. Brian Cox
Devil May Cry: Peak Of Combat | Official Cinematic Launch Trailer
VALORANT - TAKE THE LEAD // Official Episode 8: Act I Kickoff Trailer
Helldivers 2 - Official PC Features Overview Trailer
We're Still Not Sure About Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League | GameSpot Hands-On Preview
Cult of the Lamb | Official Sins of the Flesh Update Trailer | January 16
Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition | NVIDIA DLSS 3, Reflex, DLAA - Official PC Reveal Trailer
GeForce RTX 40 SUPER Series Graphics Cards | Official Reveal Trailer
25 Best Steam Deck Games To Play Right Now
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
Now Playing: Destiny 2 Shadowkeep | Using Eriana's Vow To Complete An Exotic Quest
Below, you'll find a list of all of the dead Ghosts we know about, their listed locations, and--where possible--details on exactly where to find them. We'll continue to update this as we locate more. As you hunt for them, just know they have a slight glowing effect to help you track them down, but you won't receive any objective markers as you do with the items you hunt down for the Lectern of Enchantment's Essence quests.
Echo of the Great Disaster -- Archer's Line
Spawn at Sanctuary and head to the left, toward Archer's Line. Follow the path to the left when it branches, and you should then see it branch again just in front of a crashed truck. Follow it to the right a short ways until you see a jump. Stop there and turn right to face the large fissure in the ground. Just to the right, you should see a lower ledge. Jump down there and move forward to another lower ledge with a crashed truck and other wreckage. You'll find the dead Ghost nearby.
First Crota Team's Fallen -- World's Grave
Head to Anchor of Light and make your way to the east side of the area, looking for a path between the lunar colony buildings that leads to a winding canyon road. Follow that road to hit the Temple of Crota and head inside. Keep working down through the temple, past a couple of Hive seeders. You'll hit a big room with one last Hive seeder in it and a lot of enemies. Look for a door with green light coming out of it and head through there.
The path forward will take you into the World's Grave. Move through the first room into a rocky hallway with high ceilings and continue past the enemies, up onto the second level to find a door. Continuing forward, you'll next hit a room with a big round platform in it. Turn right and look for the big door with an orange-lit room just behind. Enter that room, climb the stairs, and turn left. You'll see another open door ahead of you. Enter it and look in the left corner of the small room beyond to find the dead ghost.
Adonna's Quest -- Shrine of Oryx
The Shrine of Oryx is accessed through Archer's Line. Spawn at Sanctuary and drive to Archer's Line, then make your way up the hill on the right side toward the dome building. Pass through it and follow a path down and into the Hive structure. Drop down and you'll soon hit the Hall of Wisdom.
Keep moving forward into the round room with the large, lit orange crystals hanging from the ceiling. Turn left and go through the door. You'll see a big round entrance with what looks like tubes or power cables heading into it. Head down that hallway to its end, then follow the curving path around the edge of the shrine until you reach the large room with a big structure in the center that you can enter. Head through the center doorway into the structure to find the dead ghost on the ground.
The Greatest Sacrifice -- Gatehouse
The Gatehouse is a location you'll find by traveling through the Hellmouth. In the northern section of the area, you'll find a hole in the side of the top of a structure. Head in there and then turn down the stairs, and follow the path forward to enter the Gatehouse. Keep descending through the halls, past the room with the black water and racks of swords (you'll recognize this is where you defeated the Swarm Princes in Destiny 1).
Turn right through the door and keep moving until you hit another round room with enemies inside. (If you hit the Circle of Bones or the path where you have to jump a gap, you've gone too far.) You'll also often find a Barrier Knight in this room. Check the right side of the room relative to where you entered to find a grated wall where white light is coming through. The dead ghost can be tough to spot because of the light, but it's lying in front of the grate on the ground.
Together Forever -- Circle of Bones
Make your way to the Gatehouse in the Hellmouth (as described above), then turn right to proceed through a set of tunnels and rooms. Keep descending through the Gatehouse area, and you'll come into an area with platforms hanging over a giant chasm; just jump to the left and proceed into the next set of tunnels to enter the Circle of Bones.
As you enter the Circle of Bones, you'll have paths stretching out to the left and right, and a large round room just ahead with enemies and a Wizard inside. Go straight forward and clear out the Hive in the round room. With your back to the way you came in, check the pillar on the right side of the room to find the Ghost sitting on the ground beside it.
A True Believer -- Summoning Pits
When you enter the Circle of Bones (see above), take the path to the left. Take a doorway to the left and proceed through this hallway, and you'll find a closed door you can open.
Step into the Summoning Pits and immediately turn 45 degrees to your right. You should see a long, thin platform ahead of and above you that runs along the edge of the room. The dead Ghost is sitting on that platform, right in the corner.
Dark Dreams -- Lunar Battlegrounds
The Lunar Battlegrounds are accessed by traveling from Sorror's Harbor toward the southeast. Spawn at the Sorrow's Harbor landing zone and head toward the southeastern exit, which takes you across a bridge. Head straight across the Hive fortifications of the next area to find a road on the far side of the small canyon. Keep moving forward to reach the Lunar Battlegrounds, which you might recognize as a big Destiny 1 Crucible map.
As you arrive, turn right and drive along the right side edge of the area, which will curve away from the wall toward some buildings. Look for what appears to be a downed orange of a spacecraft with a crater beside it. Your dead ghost is just behind it.
A Futile Search -- Anchor of Light
This is a named location on the map. Spawn at Sanctuary, hop on your sparrow, and follow the path to the right to get there. When you arrive, look for the big disc-shaped building in the center of the area. Head in through one of the doors and look around for a small room off the big round main room. The dead ghost is just inside and not hard to spot.
Misplaced Trust -- Hellmouth
Hellmouth is another named location on the map. From Sanctuary, follow the path to your right, move straight through Anchor of Light, and you'll hit the Hellmouth. Alternatively, start at Sorrow's Harbor and take the southwest exit near the landing zone. When you arrive, head around the edge of the Hellmouth to the north end of the area, where you can enter the Hive structure. This is the path you'd normally take to the Gatehouse, the Circle of Bones, and the Summoning Pits, among other locations.
As you enter the building, stairs will descend to your left with a few Hive enemies waiting for you. Go down to the bottom and head for the edge of the platform ahead of you (rather than turning right to go through the door). Spin around and face back up the stairs to find the dead ghost, which is secreted behind the half wall at the bottom of the stairs.
A Loyal Friend
The last of the Lost Ghosts is only available once you have access to the Pit of Heresy dungeon. Once that unlocks, you can turn in one last Trace to Eris to get the bounty. Head into the dungeon and work down to the second major encounter, in which you're running from a few giant invincible ogres. Work your way through the maze until you hit the edge of the area, where a cliffside and a large pit. Keep the cliff on your left and work your way down to the end of the area. You should spot the Dead Ghost on a platform at the far end of the room, which you'll have to reach by jumping. Grab it to complete the Dead Ghosts set and unlock the Lunar Memoriam emblem.
How To Get Lost Ghost Traces
Lost Ghost Traces appear to be random drops from activities on the moon, and you'll need one in your inventory to even see the dead Ghost quests offered by Eris. We've found them through various means, including the chest spawned by killing a barrier champion on the moon and completing the Scarlet Keep Strike and Nightmare Hunts.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]
- Leave Blank
Join the conversation
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep Dead Ghost Locations - Lost Ghost Trace
Home » Destiny 2 » Destiny 2 Shadowkeep Dead Ghost Locations – Lost Ghost Trace
Dead ghosts are collectibles in Destiny 2. Nine of them were added in Shadowkeep, hidden across the Moon. Thing got complicated further with the addition of Lost Ghost Traces, consumables that allow you to buy ghost quests from Eris Morn. You’ll have to buy these quests, because the ghosts only appear after you do. If you’re wondering how the whole thing works and where to find the specific ghost fragments, keep reading our Destiny 2 Shadowkeep dead ghost locations guide.
How to get Lost Ghost Trace?
Lost ghost traces are consumables which drop randomly from activities on the Moon. They only start dropping once you’ve beaten the main story. If you want more, just keep existing on the Moon – open chests, kill high value targets, do public events and such.
Futile Search – Anchor of Light
This one’s in the Anchor of Light. You’ll find it in the big round building in the middle of the area. You can either enter from the back, or through the opening on the second floor, then make your way to the small room next to the big round chamber. The ghost will be on the floor, in the corner to the right.
Echo of the Great Disaster – Archer’s Line
This one’s in Archer’s Line, the area in the west. You’ll find it in the western part of the map, next to a crate on a ledge on the side of the spooky green ravine. Watch your step.
First Crota Team’s Fallen – World’s Grave
The Dead Ghost in World’s Grave requires you to go deep into the bowels of the Moon. The best way to get there is through the Temple of Crota, as the name of the ghost kinda implies. Once you get there, you’ll have to find the correct side room. Check out our First Crota Team’s Fallen Dead Ghost Location in World’s Grave guide for a detailed explanation.
Greatest Sacrifice – Gatehouse
The Greatest Sacrifice Dead Ghost will be waiting for you in The Gatehouse area. you can get there by following the tunnel that you can enter in the north of Hellmouth. When you reach The Gatehouse, in the large circular room, look to where the natural light is pouring through to find the ghost. Or, head over to our Greatest Sacrifice Dead Ghost Location – Gatehouse guide, if you need further help.
Adonna’s Quest – Shrine of Oryx
The Shrine of Oryx, where the Adonna’s Quest dead ghost awaits, can be accessed through a cave entrance in Archer’s Line. Making your way through the cave, through the Hall of Wisdom, you’ll come across the Shrine of Oryx. There, you’ll find the dead ghost in the base of a crown-like structure. Our Adonna’s Quest Dead Ghost Shrine of Oryx Location guide will explain in detail the road you need to take.
Dark Dreams – Lunar Battlegrounds
The Dark Dreams Dead Ghost is relatively easy to find. It’s in the Lunar Battlegrounds, beyond the long red bridge, between the two buildings over the hill. You can find it next to a small module and large cylinder. We’ve written a guide called Dark Dreams Dead Ghost Lunar Battlegrounds Location if you need more help.
Together Forever – Circle of Bones
To find the Together Forever Dead Ghost, you’ll again have to explore the depths of the Moon. Follow the same road that led you to the Greatest Sacrifice dead ghost, but go through the room and onward. When you reach the Circle of Bones, go into the central room and find the ghost next to one of the tanks. You can find a detailed guide in our Together Forever Dead Ghost Circle of Bones Location article.
True Believer – Summoning Pits
As you can read in our True Believer Dead Ghost Location – Summoning Pits guide, you can get to the Summoning Pits through the Circle of Bones, as explained above. Just follow the terrace to the left, open the metal door, and there you are. Hop onto the ledge to the right, and there’s the ghost, among some rubble.
Misplaced Trust – Hellmouth
Lastly, we have the Misplaced Trust Dead Ghost, hiding in Hellmouth. This one is relatively simple. Go into the hole in the long building in Hellmouth, as you have many times before. When you come across the terrace downstairs, hop over, and there’s the ghost down below. Our Misplaced Trust Dead Ghost Location – Hellmouth guide will point you exactly where you have to go.
We’re going to keep playing the game, and we’ll update the guide with new locations as we discover them, impeded only by the slow drop rate of Lost Ghost Traces. If you’ve found any of the dead ghost fragments that we’re missing here, feel free to leave a comment and let us know.
If you need further help with Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, check out our guides on Dead Ghost Locations , Jade Rabbit Locations , and Eyes on the Moon - How to Start Vex Invasion . If it's Exotic Weapons that you're after, we've got you covered with our Pain And Gain Exotic Quest and Deathbringer Exotic Rocket Launcher - Symphony of Death guides. Going back in time for new players, we can offer you guides like Ikelos Weapons - How to Get SMG, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun , or, if you're playing Forsaken content, guides like Corsair Down & Badge - Dead Body Locations .
YOU MAY ALSO READ
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
You’re missing “A Loyal Friend” The ghost of Omar Agah in The Pit.
I have found the hellmouth dead ghost and I can provide screenshots on where to find it, but not how to guide people to get it
Destiny 2 First Crota Team’s Fallen | World’s Grave dead Ghost location
By Camden Jones
From the Essence items used to forge weapons at the Lectern of Enchantment to the red Unstable Essence orbs and the Jade Rabbit figurines , Destiny 2: Shadowkeep is full of mysterious currencies, collectibles, and quests. One such item you’re likely to come across is the Lost Ghost Trace, occasionally found in chests or Helium Filament piles . Once you’ve received a Lost Ghost Trace, you’ll be prompted to return to Eris Morn, who will send you to find the dead ghost of one of her dead comrades. The Destiny 2 First Crota Team’s Fallen quest is one of these, sending you to find the World’s Grave dead Ghost location.
Destiny 2 First Crota Team’s Fallen quest guide
Once you’ve brought a Lost Ghost Trace to Eris and received the First Crota Team’s Fallen quest, you’ll have to complete the “Dead Ghost located” objective. The quest description lists the dead Ghost as being somewhere in the World’s Grave area, but it doesn’t give any further guidance, which means the quest is especially vague if you’re unfamiliar with the Moon’s locales. Here’s how to get there:
ALSO: Destiny 2 Every Waking Moment SMG | Withered Plumes location
- Look for the narrow path shown on the eastern edge of the Anchor of Light area (see the dotted circle in the map above). Follow this path into the Temple of Crota.
- Continue down through the Temple and into The World’s Grave.
- Once you reach the circular room with the slanted pillars and the pedestal in the center (where you fought the Nightmare of Omnigul in the Shadowkeep campaign), turn right and go through the coffin-shaped door.
- At the top of the steps through here, turn left and pass through the doorway. You’ll see the dead Ghost on the left side of this room.
When you pick up the Ghost, you’ll be rewarded with a few Phantasmal Fragments and hear a short monologue from Yuka, Sai Mota’s Ghost. For more help finding the exact route to the dead Ghost, check out this video from YouTuber WoW Quests .
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Armored Core 6 Review (PC)
Redmagic 9 Pro Review
SteelSeries Alias Pro XLR Microphone & Stream Mixer Kit Review
Warzone 3 Bruen MK9 Loadouts: Best Bruen MK9 Builds for MW3
Warzone 3 SVA 545 Loadouts: Best SVA 545 Builds for MW3
Warzone 3 WSP-9 Loadouts: Best WSP-9 Builds for MW3
Warzone 3 Rival 9 Loadouts: Best Rival 9 Builds for MW3
Destiny – All Dead Ghost Locations, Ghost Hunter Trophy and Achievement
Find all 62 dead Ghosts on Earth, the Moon, Venus and Mars for the Ghost Hunter trophy.
After locating these collectibles, find the nine Ghosts in House of Wolves !
Players who put enough time into Destiny will already know that their Ghost is an essential part of surviving all that the four planets have to offer. Not only does it allow you to quickly jump into orbit or summon a personal vehicle, it also has your back when it comes to showing you the way to the next objective. As the story of Destiny would go, however, Ghosts aren’t immune to the dangers of the Solar System, and it’s not uncommon for players to find them dead while traveling about.
As it turns out, reviving these dead Ghosts has a purpose in the game. Not only will reviving 50 of the 62 that can be found unlock the Ghost Hunter trophy and Achievement, but each revived dead Ghost will also give you a new Grimoire Card to increase your Grimoire score.
For the purpose of keeping these simple, we’ll describe the location of each dead Ghost, including what mission it can be found on or what objectives are nearby. Keep in mind that you can also find these laying around the planets while you’re playing the Patrol mode, it’s just much more difficult for us to give you specific directions. When finished, find loot inside these 20 Gold Chests .
For more Destiny, visit Prima’s walkthrough and guide for The Taken King .
Dead Ghost Locations – The Tower
1. The first dead Ghost is found from the outside area of The Tower, head up the stairs that lead to the button players use to activate the fan. When you reach the top of the stairs turn right to find the Ghost laying on some boxes.
2. To find the second Ghost, head down the stairs from the location of the first, then pass into Tower North and follow the stairs all the way down until you enter an area with a large sphere shaped object. Head up another flight of stairs to find the dead Ghost.
3. The next Ghost can be found in the Hall of Guardians , which you may know as the main area of The Tower. Head in and toward the three Vanguard’s standing around the large table. Just before you reach them, turn to your right and you’ll find the collectible on the desk.
4. The final dead Ghost can only be found during Iron Banner events. In order to collect it, head up the stairs above the entrance to the Hall of Guardians . If the gate is open, head to the observation deck and collect the Ghost sitting on the railing.
Dead Ghost Locations – Earth
5. The first dead Ghost on Earth can be found in A Guardian Rises , just after you pick up your weapon and get the Fight Through the Wall objective. Round the corner into the long hallway, then find the Ghost in the ceiling above.
6. Find the next Ghost shortly after the last one. It’s still on A Guardian Rises , and when you come to a large room with a crater in the wall on the opposite side, head down the stairs and turn left. You’ll find the collectible under a catwalk next to some bright lights.
7. This collectible can be found on the first mission, A Guardian Rises . When you enter an area called The Divide and have an objective to Find the Ship , look for a sign that you must walk under. You need to jump on nearby shipping containers and buildings, but the dead Ghost is found behind the sign.
8. The next dead Ghost is found in the same area of The Divide while playing the mission, A Guardian Rises . Your objective will say to Fight Through the Fallen , and as you pass under the sign that the last Ghost was on, turn to your right and enter a large pipe to find the Ghost.
9. The first Ghost on the Restoration mission can be found in The Steppes when your objective is to Recon the Crash Site . The collectible can be found to the right of your objective, sitting on the ground inside a small building in the middle of the open area.
10. The next collectible is also found during Restoration , in The Steppes and before your complete your objective to Recon the Crash Site . Summon your vehicle, then head to the left of the objective and down the mountain. You’ll find the dead Ghost at the end of a narrow gutter with two drain pipes.
11. The first dead Ghost on The Dark Within is found in the Mothyards and during the Get to Skywatch objective. When you find a crashed plane with a wing sticking out of the ground, walk up the wing and jump to a cave opening nearby. The collectible is on the ground to the left of the cave entrance.
12. The second collectible on The Dark Within is also found in the Mothyards , but is on the way to the Forgotten Shore . Summon your vehicle and head through the winding canyons until you see a cave with a small waterfall covering the opening. Head inside and find the dead Ghost in a hole in the wall.
13. The next dead Ghost is also found on The Dark Within and during the Get to Skywatch objective, but this time is located in the Lunar Complex . When you reach an area that is extremely dark your flashlight will come on. Head to the back right corner of the room and jump onto an object to find the collectible.
14. The next collectible can also be found on The Dark Within , and it’s located in the Terrestrial Complex during the Infiltrate the Skywatch objective. After passing under a blue sign, turn left and look in the area just off to the side of the hallway. The dead Ghost will be laying against the wall.
15. Players can find the next dead Ghost on The Warmind , at the Forgotten Shore during the Amplifiers Scanned objective. Look for a ship that is broken in half, then approach it and head inside. You’ll find the collectible laying on the floor between two sets of lockers.
16. The next collectible can be found on the mission The Last Array in the Skywatch area. While completing the Find the Control Station objective, walk between the tails of two helicopters and drop down onto a narrow path. The dead Ghost is inside a cave on the right hand side.
17. A dead Ghost can be found during the Strike mission, The Devil’s Lair . It’s in the Rocketyard during the Enter the Devil’s Lair objective. Head to the left side of the yard and jump onto a crate, then double jump onto a nearby building. The collectible is on what appears to be an air conditioning unit.
18. Another collectible can be found during The Devil’s Lair , but this one is in the Refinery area during the Take Back the Refinery objective. When you enter the area you can go left up a short set of stairs, but instead move forward and find the dead Ghost inside a room with a sign above the door.
19. The next dead Ghost is once again found on The Devil’s Lair , but this time is in The Blast area as you take on the Devil Walker . Your on screen objective will be to Cut Through the Fallen , and you can find the collectible in the far left corner of the playable area, up some stairs and on a table.
20. This collectible can be picked up in Patrol mode, just a short distance from where you picked up the dead Ghost in the broken ship in the Forgotten Shore area. Head straight past the ship and into the Bunker RAS-2 area. You’ll find it on the very bottom level tucked away under a stairwell.
21. The final dead Ghost on Earth can be found in The Grottos while on Patrol mode. Head underneath the RAS-2 Bunker and through the winding canyon until you pass two enemies, then dip down onto the left pathway. The collectible is next to a large drain pipe near the water.
Dead Ghost Locations – The Moon
22. The first dead Ghost that can be found on the Moon during The Dark Beyond mission . You can locate it in Archer’s Line during the Track the Guardian objective. Soon after the start of the mission look for a large pipe, then move to its right side and jump up to find the collectible.
23. Players can snag the next collectible during The Dark Beyond mission and the Archer’s Line area. This one is found while completing the Track the Guardian objective. Head to a glass dome with many broken pieces, then look off the cliff to the right. The dead Ghost will be down there.
24. The third dead Ghost is found in The Dark Beyond , but this time is located in the Anchor of Light area while completing the Find the Colony Base objective. Look for a large radio tower. The collectible is on the left side of the tower while you’re facing it, and you’ll have to jump up several levels to reach it.
25. The next dead Ghost is found on The World’s Grave mission in the Hall of Wisdom . Players will be completing the objective to Enter the Hive Fortress , and can find the collectible on the left side of a large room as they are progressing. It’s near a giant hole.
26. Sticking with The World’s Grave, the next collectible is found in the Circle of Bones area when completing the Conquer the Knight objective. When you reach an area with a huge opening in the middle, head to your left and jump to a hidden walkway. The dead Ghost is sitting on the railing.
27. Players can find another dead Ghost on The Sword of Crota mission, in the Hellmouth area during the objective to Find the Swarm Prince . As soon as you enter the area look for an area with some light poles to your right. Head there and into the first building to find it on a computer or control console.
28. Another collectible can be found on The Sword of Crota in The Gatehouse area. Your objective will be to Locate the Sword . As soon as you enter the area through a door, turn to your left and approach the edge. You’ll find the dead Ghost sitting on a beam that hangs over the side.
29. Players will find the next collectible Ghost on the Shrine of Oryx mission and in the area that goes by the same name. The objective will be to Destroy the Shrine , and as you progress through a circular door into a tunnel with rib shaped structures on the side the collectible will be in the far right corner.
30. The final dead Ghost on the Moon will be on the Chamber of Night mission and in the Temple of Crota area. Your objective will be to Find the Chamber , and when you get to the very bottom level there will be a large structure in the middle. Climb up the side of it and find the collectible on a nearby ledge.
Unlock the official Destiny Digital Guide (also available in a Print Edition ).
Dead Ghost Locations – Venus
31. The first dead Ghost on Venus can be found on the mission, A Stranger’s Call in the Headlands area. Your objective will be to Find the Guardian Outpost , and if you head to your right and follow the dirt road you’ll pass three pools. Continue on to another pool that has a collectible behind one of the rocks.
32. The next collectible is found on the mission A Stranger’s Call and in The Shattered Coast area. The objective will still be to Find the Guardian Outpost , and if you look to the right there will be a small shelter with some cars near it. The dead Ghost is in the back of one of the cars.
33. While playing on the mission A Stranger’s Call and in the Ishtar Academy , there will be a dead Ghost while players are completing the Scan the Conflux objective. When you get to the room with the large beam of light, double jump to the third floor balcony on the left where you’ll find the collectible.
34. Another collectible can be found on the mission Ishtar Collective and in the Ishtar Cliffs area. The objective will be to Find a Mind Core , but players will also find a dead Ghost on some rocks next to a tree on the left hand side of the river.
35. Continuing with the mission Ishtar Collective , players will find a dead Ghost in the Waking Ruins area while they are tasked to Find the Research Site . As you approach the ruins the collectible will be on the highest point of the ruins. Jump up there and grab it.
36. The next dead Ghost will be found on the Ishtar Collective and in the Campus 9 area. During the objective to Eliminate the Fallen , look for a large structure with a satellite dish on top of it. Behind that dish and up on the rocks will be the collectible.
37. Players will find another collectible dead Ghost on The Archive mission and in the Ishtar Commons area. While completing the objective to Enter the Academy , exit a building to see a red tarp hanging in a courtyard. The Ghost is on the awning next to the building by the tarp.
38. This dead Ghost is found very close to the last one, and is also on The Archive mission and in the Ishtar Commons area. While completing the objective to Enter the Academy , exit the to see the red tarp in the courtyard, but head right and up some stairs to find a collectible in an elevator shaft.
39. The next collectible will be found on The Archives mission and in the Hall of Whispers . Players will be working on the objective to Kill the Fallen , and can find the dead Ghost after going up two flights of stairs and following a balcony. It’s sitting on a branch in a nearby tree.
40. The Scourge of Winter mission contains a dead Ghost in the area of the Ember Caves . While players are completing the objective to Enter the Fallen Hideout , they will see a cave to the right of where they objective marker is. Head into the cave and snag the collectible.
41. Another collectible can be found on the Scourge of Winter and in the Winter’s Lair area. While players are completing the objective to Find Draksis they will enter the lair. Hug the left wall until you reach a cave, then go inside and claim the dead Ghost. There are three caves, so keep checking.
42. In the Eye of a Gate Lord mission and in the Endless Steps area, players will find a dead Ghost while completing the objective, Ascend the Steps , players will come to an area with a portal on the right and beam of light in front of them. The collectible is part way up the rocks that are adjacent to the light.
43. The second to last dead Ghost on Venus is found in The Nexus , a Strike mission that players can complete. In the area N/Gen Branch and with the objective to Find the Nexus , follow your objective marker up two flights of stairs. Before going in the door snag the collectible on the top level.
44. The final collectible on Venus is again found in the Strike mission, The Nexus , and in the Dig Site 4 area. While completing the objective, Find the Nexus , head through a red room and into an area with a large glass tube. Run past the tube and through the door to find the dead Ghost laying in a sink.
Dead Ghost Locations – Mars
45. The first dead Ghost to be found on Mars is during the mission, Exclusion Zone and in The Barrens area. The mission objective will be to Find the Gate , and as you progress you’ll find two structures, one of which has a rounded roof. Head inside and find the collectible on a box.
46. The second dead Ghost on Mars can also be found during the Exclusion Zone mission but this time is in the Scablands area. The objective will be to Find the Gate . Head forward and through the gigantic gate. Once on the other side, go to your left and jump onto a small roof to find the collectible.
47. The next collectible is located on the Exclusion Zone mission and in the area of the Giant’s Pass . While completing the objective to Access the Survey Post . Near the objective, look for the only tree in the area, then scour its roots to find the dead Ghost.
48. Continuing with the mission, the Exclusion Zone and in the Valley of the Kings area, look for a circular dome on your left, then follow the nearby dirt road. Off to the left side and on the edge of a cliff will be another collectible dead Ghost.
49. Yet another collectible can be found on the Exclusion Zone and in the Valley of the Kings . While you have the Access Survey Post objective, look to the right of a burned out circular structure to find a bunker with some tubes sticking out of it. The dead Ghost is tucked into the cliffs behind the bunker.
50. There is a dead Ghost to be found on The Garden’s Spire mission and in the Firebase Rubicon area. When your objective is to Locate the Spire , huge the left wall through an area scattered with objects. Enter the hard to spot cave and look for the collectible to be hidden at the base of a tree.
51. While completing the Open the Gate objective on The Garden’s Spire mission, players will come to the Iron Line area. Walk up the large ramp and jump up the wall to the left of the gate. Jump into the middle of the room and find the dead Ghost sitting on a rock.
52. The next dead Ghost isn’t found on a mission, but can be accessed from the Iron Line area. Head left and through two doors with four blue dots on them to the Trenchworks area. Look for a light post on the right and find the collectible on the rocks nearby.
53. Another collectible can be found during The Garden’s Spire mission and in the area of The Legion’s Keep . While completing the objective to Wake the Eye , look for a giant rock structure that has an enterable area underneath it. Go inside and follow the ring to find the dead Ghost.
54. In order to find this dead Ghost players will want to be on The Buried City mission and in the area of The Hollows . Your objective will be to Locate the Cabal Signal and will have you enter a large dome with the letters CB on it. Look for the collectible on the catwalk inside the dome.
55. To find a second collectible Ghost during The Buried City mission, wait for the objective to Ascend the Skyscraper in the area of the Dust Palace . Jump up onto the platform that circles the room with all the windows, then on to the ledge of the windows themselves to find the dead Ghost.
56. Continuing with The Buried City mission and in the Overwatch area, players will be asked to Expel the Cabal . Go through a door with Clovis Bray Exoscience above it, then turn left and look for the dead Ghost to be hidden under one of the desks and next to the tower of a computer.
57. Yet another dead Ghost can be find during the mission A Rising Tide and in the area of The Drift . As soon as you enter the area look for two dead trees on your right, then hop onto the one closest to the road. The collectible will be in the tree.
58. To find the next collectible, continue on with A Rising Tide and into the area of The Buried City . When your objective states to Enter the Buried City , jump on top of a building with its shutters closed and a giant sign on top. Look for the dead Ghost behind the sign.
59. The next dead Ghost is again found on the mission A Rising Tide , but this time is in the Freehold Station and during the Head to the Gate objective. When you enter a pitch black room, head to your left and jump on top of one of the televisions above you. The dead Ghost can be found up there.
60. Another dead Ghost is found on A Rising Tide , but is in the area of the Tharsis Station . While completing the objective to Destroy the Gates , head through a door with Off World Transit above it, then turn right and find the Ghost tucked in the corner of the room.
61. The second to last dead Ghost in the game is only found during The Black Garden mission and after teleporting. While completing the objective to Explore the Garden and immediately after teleporting, jump up on some rocks to your left where you’ll find the collectible sitting.
62. The final dead Ghost of the game is found on The Black Garden mission and during your objective to Explore the Garden . When you come to an area with a vast open area and a mountain in the distance, head right and follow the edge of the cliff until you drop down and find the collectible.
Destiny isn’t a simple game, but its complications are part of the appeal. Our hope is that this guide will help you understand what each of your choices mean when creating a Hunter, and perhaps give you some insight into what the benefits of the Abilities, Passives and Ability Modifiers are.
The Destiny guide is also available as a Signature Series Guide and as a Digital Guide .
About the Author
Prima Games Staff
The staff at Prima Games.
More Stories by Prima Games Staff
New to Shacknews? Signup for a Free Account
Already have an account? Login Now
- Latest Pets
- Forum: Posts today 779
Destiny Guide: All the Dead Ghost Locations, Scoring Ghost Hunter
Earn the Ghost Hunter trophy, and find all 62 dead Ghosts scattered across Earth, Venus, Mars and the Moon.
Ghosts have an important role to play in the world of Destiny. Of course, anybody who’s played Destiny for a significant amount of time will know this – after all, your Ghost gives you the ability to summon a personal vehicle, quickly jump into orbit, or help lead the way to your next objective. However, they’re evidently not invincible, as there are plenty of dead Ghosts scattered across the game’s four planets.
But dead Ghosts aren’t just useless scraps of now-obsolete tech. For starters, reviving a dead Ghost gives the player a new Grimoire Card, which in turn boosts your Grimoire score. And furthermore, reviving fifty dead Ghosts (there are 62 in total) is enough to bag a shiny PlayStation trophy of Xbox achievement – the ‘Ghost Hunter’ award.
To make things as straightforward as possible, this guide will outline the whereabouts of these dead Ghosts one-by-one, including each one’s proximity to mission objectives. Dead Ghosts can also be found in the game’s Patrol mode, but that makes it much more complicated for us to provide specific guidance.
1. Finding the first Ghost should be simple. Located on the outside area of The Tower, to find it you should begin by heading up the stairs leading up to the button which activates the fan. Upon reaching the top of the stairs, turn right and you should see the Ghost atop some boxes.
2. From the location of the first Ghost, head down the stairs and pass through to Tower North. You should then continue down the flight of stairs until you find yourself in an area dominated by a large sphere. From here, you’ll find the dead Ghost by heading up another set of stairs.
3. The Hall of Guardians – the main heart of The Tower, to many – is where you’ll find the next one. Set off towards the trio of Vanguards standing around a big table, and then turn right just before you reach them. You should spot the dead Ghost sitting on a desk.
4. The Tower’s last dead Ghost can only be found while an Iron Banner event is taking place. To find and revive it, climb the stairs above the Hall of Guardians entrance. Now you’ll see a gate which, if open, leads to the observation deck where the dead Ghost is to be found. You’ll spot it on the railing.
5. Earth’s first dead Ghost is most easily found during the story mission ‘A Guardian Rises’. Immediately after you pick up your first weapon and are given the ‘Fight Through the Wall’ objective, head around the corner and into the long hallway. You’ll find the dead Ghost in the ceiling.
6. You can find this next one on the same mission as the last. Entering a big room with a crater in the wall, you should go down the stairs before turning left. The dead Ghost should be right there, next to some bright lights under a catwalk.
7. Again, this dead Ghost can be found while playing ‘A Guardian Rises’, which is the game’s first story mission. After being given the objective to ‘Find the Ship’, you should enter The Divide. Keep an eye out for a sign, as this is where you’ll find the dead Ghost. You’ll have to make use of your double-jump on nearby containers and buildings in order to reach it, but you’ll find the collectible on the metal framework behind the sign.
8. Continuing on the opening mission in The Divide, with the objective to ‘Fight Through the Fallen’, the next dead Ghost lies just beyond the sign upon which you found the last one. Pass under the sign, turn right and enter a pipe in order to find it.
9. Onto another mission now. In the ‘Restoration’ mission, with the objective to ‘Recon the Crash Site’, you should find yourself in an area called The Steppes. The dead Ghost is sitting to the right of your objective marker, on the ground inside a small building.
10. During the same mission, you can pick up the next dead Ghost. After picking up the previous dead Ghost in The Steppes, you should summon your vehicle before completing the ‘Recon the Crash Site’ objective. Then, using your vehicle, steer left of the objective to go down the mountain. You’ll then see a narrow gutter with two drainpipes, at the end of which you should spot the Ghost.
11. During ‘The Dark Within’ mission, when you’re given the ‘Get to Skywatch’ objective, you can find a dead Ghost in the Mothyards. You’ll see a plane, crashed on the ground with a wing jutting out from the wreckage. Head towards it, run up the wing and jump into the nearby cave opening. Here, you’ll find the Ghost lying on the ground to your left.
12. Continuing through the Mothyards as part of ‘The Dark Within’, there’s another dead Ghost to be found – only this time on the way towards the Forgotten Shore. After summoning your vehicle, you should steer towards the winding canyons until you catch sight of a cave, its opening covered by the flow of a small waterfall. Ducking inside the cave, you’ll see a dead Ghost in a hole in the wall.
13. Sticking with ‘The Dark Within’ and the ‘Get to Skywatch’ objective, you’ll find another dead Ghost in the Lunar Complex. Venturing into an area so dark you’ll need a flashlight in order to see, you’ll have to make your way to the far right corner of the room and jump onto an object to revive the dead Ghost.
14. Moving onto the ‘Infiltrate the Skywatch’ objective on ‘The Dark Within’, this dead Ghost can be found in the Terrestrial Complex. You should first pass beneath a blue sign, before continuing to the left and exploring the area to the side of the hallway, and finally locating the dead Ghost against the wall.
15. This one can be found during ‘The Warmind’ mission, when you’re given the ‘Amplifiers Scanned’ objective. Exploring the Forgotten Shore, the player should make their way inside a broken ship – the dead Ghost you’re after will be between two sets of lockers, on the floor.
16. Now onto ‘The Last Array’. When you’re given the ‘Find the Control Station’ objective, you should walk between the tails of two helicopters before dropping to a narrow path beneath. Venture inside a cave, and you’ll find the dead Ghost to your right.
17. It is during ‘The Devil’s Lair’, a Strike mission, that you will come across the next one. When your objective reads ‘Enter the Devil’s Lair’, you should venture to the left side of the Rocketyard and leap onto a crate, before double-jumping on top of a nearby building. Atop what looks like some kind of air conditioning unit, you’ll find another dead Ghost.
18. While still tackling ‘The Devil’s Lair’, you’ll progress onto an objective called ‘Take Back the Refinery’. When entering the Refinery, ignore the staircase on your left and opt to progress forward instead. Entering a room with a sign above its door, you’ll find the dead Ghost.
19. The final dead Ghost on ‘The Devil’s Lair’ mission is found when you’re taking on the Devil Walker in The Blast area. You’ll be given the objective to ‘Cut Through the Fallen’, and the collectible should be simple enough to find – after heading to the upper-left corner of the area, as well as up a flight of stairs, you’ll find the dead Ghost on a table.
20. To revive this dead Ghost, you should enter Patrol mode. To find it, head straight past the broken ship in the Forgotten Shore region – see number 15 in this guide – and towards the Bunker RAS-2 area. You’ll find it hidden beneath a stairwell, on the very bottom level.
21. This one’s the final dead Ghost on Earth – in The Grottos, to be precise – and once again you’ll find it in Patrol mode. Walk beneath the RAS-2 Bunker and continue along the winding canyon. You should pass two enemies, before ducking down to the left pathway. And there, you’ll see a large drainpipe, which is where you’ll find what you’re after.
22. For reviving your first dead Ghost on the Moon, you’ll want to wait until ‘The Dark Beyond’ mission. When you’re given the objective to ‘Track the Guardian’, you should keep an eye out for a large pipe in Archer’s Line. Moving to the pipe’s right side and jumping up, you should see the Ghost.
23. While continuing to complete the ‘Track the Guardian’ objective in ‘The Dark Beyond’ mission, this second dead Ghost is also found at Archer’s Line. Players should set off towards a partially broken glass dome, before looking off the cliff to the right. Down there, you should immediately spot the collectible.
24. While still on ‘The Dark Beyond’, this dead Ghost should be found when you’re given the objective to ‘Find the Colony Base’, lurking somewhere in the Anchor of Light area. You’ll have to jump up several levels to reach this one – it’s on the left hand side of the large radio tower.
25. Players will find this one while tackling ‘The World’s Grave’ mission. As you are given the objective to ‘Enter the Hive Fortress’, you’ll find the dead Ghost on the left side of a large room in the Hall of Wisdom. As a further reference point, it’s near a giant hole.
26. As you continue ‘The World’s Grave’, you’ll be given an objective called ‘Conquer the Knight’. As you tackle this objective in the Circle of Bones, you should find yourself in an area with a huge opening in its centre. Head left, jump up to a hidden walkway, and you should find one of your treasured dead Ghosts sitting on a railing.
27. Moving onto ‘The Sword of Crota’ mission, you’ll be given an objective to ‘Find the Swarm Prince’. As soon as you enter the Hellmouth region, look for an area with some brightly-lit poles to the right of you. Head for the lights, duck into the first building, and grab the dead Ghost from atop a computer.
28. As ‘The Sword of Crota’ progresses, you’ll be given the objective to ‘Locate the Sword’. Entering The Gatehouse area through a door, turn immediately to the left and head towards the edge. And there, sitting on an overhanging beam, you’ll find a dead Ghost.
29. You’ll be taking on the ‘Shrine of Oryx’ mission, in the area of the same name, when you happen across the next dead Ghost. After being given the objective to ‘Destroy the Shrine’, you’ll proceed through a round door into a tunnel, which is adorned with rib-shaped structures. From here, you should see the collectible Ghost easily enough – it’s in the far right corner.
30. At this stage, there should be only one dead Ghost left on the Moon. You’ll find it during the ‘Chamber of Night’ mission, after being given the objective to ‘Find the Chamber’. Descending to the very lowest level of the Temple of Crota area, you should see a large structure in the centre. And, if you clamber up the side of it, you’ll be able to access the Ghost on a ledge nearby.
31. Now onto Venus. You should be in the Headlands area, taking on ‘A Stranger’s Call’, when you track down the planet’s first dead Ghost. After being given the objective to ‘Find the Guardian Outpost’, you should head to your right, following the dirt track and passing three pools. Continue towards a fourth pool, near to which you should find a collectible behind a rock.
32. Still on ‘A Stranger’s Call’, with the same objective to ‘Find the Guardian Outpost’, you’ll find the next dead Ghost in The Shattered Coast area. Looking over to your right, you should see a cluster of cars next to a small shelter. The collectible Ghost should be sitting in the back of one of these cars.
33. As ‘A Stranger’s Call’ progresses, you’ll find yourself in Ishtar Academy with the objective to ‘Scan the Conflux’. After making your way to a room with a powerful light beam, use your double-jump to reach the third-floor balcony on the left. There lies the Ghost you seek.
34. While tackling the ‘Ishtar Collective’ mission, in the Ishtar Cliffs, there’s another Ghost to be found. When given the ‘Find a Mind Core’ objective, players should remember to keep a watchful eye out for dead Ghosts, too. There’s one atop some rocks, just on the left hand side of a river and next to a tree.
35. As ‘Ishtar Collective’ continues, you’ll be told to ‘Find the Research Site’. On the approach to the Waking Ruins, jump up on a couple of remnants before double-jumping onto the highest point. It’s here that you’ll spot the dead Ghost.
36. Yet again, this one is to be found while playing through ‘Ishtar Collective’, but this time the dead Ghost will be lurking in the Campus 9 area. You’ll be given an objective to ‘Eliminate the Fallen’, at which point you’ll need to look for a large structure topped with a satellite dish. Atop some rocks and hidden behind that dish, you can bag another Ghost for the collection.
37. Exploring Ishtar Commons during ‘The Archive’ mission will yield two dead Ghosts. The first should be sought out while completing the ‘Enter the Academy’ objective. After heading outside to see a red tarp hanging in the courtyard, you should find the Ghost on the awning of a nearby window.
38. The second dead Ghost in Ishtar Commons is also found during ‘The Archive’, and rather close to the first one. While still tackling the ‘Enter the Academy’ objective, exit the room once again to see the red tarp, but instead turn right and climb a flight of stairs. Here, you’ll find what you’re after in an elevator shaft.
39. While still on ‘The Archive’ mission, the player can find and revive yet another dead Ghost, this time in the Hall of Whispers. After being given the objective to ‘Kill the Fallen’, you should climb two flights of stairs and follow through to a balcony. There, lo and behold, is a dead Ghost in the branch of a tree nearby.
40. Moving onto the ‘Scourge of Winter’ mission, and into the Ember Caves, there’s another dead Ghost up for grabs. You’ll be given the objective to ‘Enter the Fallen Hideout’, at which point you should spot a cave to the right of your objective marker. And there’s the Ghost, lurking right there in that cave.
41. As ‘Scourge of Winter’ continues, you’ll find yourself reaching the Winter’s Lair. And here, there’s another dead Ghost for you. Your on-screen objective will be to ‘Find Draxis’. Entering the lair, you should stick to the left wall until you reach a cave – there are three, so keep checking – then go inside and grab the Ghost.
42. You’ll find the next dead Ghost during the ‘Eye of a Gate Lord’ mission, while tackling the ‘Ascend the Steps’ objective. While progressing through the Endless Steps area, you’ll come across a part in which there is a portal to the right and a beam of light directly ahead. Directly adjacent to that light are some rocks, upon which the dead Ghost sits.
43. The penultimate dead Ghost on Venus is found during a Strike mission called ‘The Nexus’. You’ll be in the N/Gen Branch area, your objective should read ‘Find the Nexus’, and you should just simply follow your objective marker up a couple flights of stairs. Then, before going in the door, swipe the collectible on the top floor.
44. Venus’s last dead Ghost is also found during ‘The Nexus’. You’ll be in the Dig Site 4 Area, with the objective to ‘Find the Nexus’. To find it, go straight though the red room and into an area dominated by a big glass tube. Now run straight past the tubular structure, through the door, and you should find the planet’s last Ghost in a sink.
45. Now onto Mars! This planet’s first dead Ghost can be found in The Barrens area, during the ‘Exclusion Zone’ mission. Your objective will read ‘Find the Gate’, and on your way through you’ll come across two notable structures. Venture inside the one with a rounded roof, and find the Ghost atop a box.
46. As the ‘Exclusion Zone’ mission continues, you should get yourself to the Scablands area to claim the next dead Ghost. Your objective should still read ‘Find the Gate’. After heading through the enormous gateway, head left and hop onto a low roof to swipe another Ghost.
47. While tackling the ‘Access the Survey Post’ objective of ‘Exclusion Zone’, you should find yourself in Giant’s Pass. Head near to the objective marker, scan the environment for the only nearby tree, before examining its roots to find another Ghost.
48. As ‘Exclusion Zone’ continues in the Valley of the Kings, follow the dirt road towards a circular dome. Teetering on the edge of the cliff, off to the left side, lies another dead Ghost.
49. One final dead Ghost can be found during ‘Exclusion Zone’, also in the Valley of the Kings. When you’re given the objective to ‘Access Survey Post’, you should head towards a scorched circular structure. From here, turn right to find a bunker, covered in tubes. The Ghost you seek is tucked into the cliff behind said bunker.
50. While tackling ‘The Garden’s Spire’ mission, you can find another dead Ghost in the Firebase Rubicon area. Your objective should read ‘Locate the Spire’. Firstly, hug the left wall through an area strewn with objects. Then, enter the cave nearby – it’s quite tricky to spot, so look closely – and you’ll find the Ghost as the foot of a tree.
51. Moving onto the ‘Open the Gate’ objective on ‘The Garden’s Spire’, you’ll find yourself in an area called the Iron Line. After heading up a steep ramp, hop up the wall to the gate’s left. Then, you should jump into the middle of the room, discovering a collectible atop a rock.
52. This one’s not found on a mission. To find it, start out from the Iron Line area, before turning left and heading through two doors decorated with four blue dots. This should lead to the Trenchworks area, where the dead Ghost is waiting for you. Simply find it atop some rocks, next to a light post on your right hand side.
53. Continuing once again with ‘The Garden’s Spire’ – specifically, the objective to ‘Wake the Eye’ – this next one’s found in The Legion’s Keep area. Look out for a large rock formation, beneath which there will be a cave opening. To find the collectible you’ll want to head inside and follow the ring.
54. The next dead Ghost will be found as you take on ‘The Buried City’ mission. Your on-screen objective will read ‘Locate the Cabal Signal’, and will lead you towards a large dome in The Hollows area. The dome will be adorned with the letters CB. You’ll see a dead Ghost inside that dome, just on the catwalk.
55. Soon after in ‘The Buried City’, you’ll be given an objective to ‘Ascend the Skyscraper’. You’ll be in the ‘Dust Palace’ area. You’ll see a platform which runs across the entire circumference of the many-windowed room, onto which you should jump. Then, from here, onto a window ledge to find a dead Ghost.
56. Before long on ‘The Buried City’, you’ll be told to ‘Expel the Cabal’. As you progress through the Overwatch area, you should head through a door, above which a sign reads ‘Clovis Bray Exoscience’. The Ghost is then to your left, sitting next to a computer beneath a desk.
57. You’ll find your next dead Ghost during the mission ‘A Rising Tide’. As you enter The Drift area, immediately turn your attention towards a couple of dead trees on your right hand side. Clambering up the one closest to the road, you’ll find the Ghost you seek.
58. As ‘A Rising Tide’ continues, you’ll find yourself in The Buried City area, with the objective to ‘Enter the Buried City’. See that big building, with closed shutters and a massive sign on its roof? Head up there, and find a dead Ghost lurking to the rear of the sign.
59. It won’t be long until your objective on ‘A Rising Tide’ reads ‘Head to the Gate’, and you find yourself in the Freehold Station. Entering a room shrouded in darkness, you should jump on top of a TV set to your left, as this is where the dead Ghost will be found.
60. As you continue to trudge through ‘A Rising Tide’, you’ll be given the objective to ‘Destroy the Gates’. In the Tharsis Station area, you should first aim for a door, above which ‘Off World Transit’ is written. Go through, and turn right before finding the Ghost tucked away in the corner.
61. This is the penultimate dead Ghost to be found on Mars. And in the entirety of Destiny, for that matter. To find it, you’ll have to wait until ‘The Black Garden’ mission gives you an objective to ‘Explore the Garden’. Then, immediately after teleporting, clamber up some rocks to the left. From here, the collectible should by easy pickings.
62. And here it is, Destiny’s final dead Ghost. This one can also be found during ‘The Black Garden’, after being given the objective to ‘Explore the Garden’. Approaching a vast open space with a mountain dominating the horizon, steer right and follow the cliff’s edge. Dropping down, you’ll find the collectible no problem.
Shack Staff stories are a collective effort with multiple staff members contributing. Many of our lists often involve entires from several editors, and our weekly Shack Chat is something we all contribute to as a group.
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
Shack Staff posted a new article, Destiny Guide: All the Dead Ghost Locations, Scoring Ghost Hunter . Earn the Ghost Hunter trophy, and find all 62 dead Ghosts scattered across Earth, Venus, Mars and the Moon.
Destiny guide: Moon Dead Ghost locations
Destiny guide: moon dead ghost locations.
Destiny offers collectors the chance to score extra Grimoire Points by tracking down Dead Ghosts. Our guide makes it easy.
Destiny’s Dead Ghosts are found scattered around the environment in out of the way places. They’re easily spotted in the dark by their distinctive pale blue glow.
Should you stumble across a Dead Ghost, you can revive it by holding Square (PlayStation) or X (Xbox) when prompted. Doing so will reward you with a Grimoire Card and the accompanying Grimoire Points. Visit Bungie.net or the Destiny Companion app to peruse your unlocked lore and show off your amazing collection of points.
Note that you can only collect Ghosts once per account, so if you’ve picked one up with one character, you won’t find it with another.
There are several Ghosts to be found on the Moon. The numbering here matches our Destiny Walkthrough.
- Dead Ghost #1 On a railing on the Accelerator in Archer's Line. Stand with the road to the Hellmouth behind you and the road to the cracked dome ahead, looking down along the Accelerator's length. From this orientation, look for a free-standing building on the left side of the Accelerator, quite close to the mess of buildings where you deploy your Ghost in the first Moon mission. Jump on the roof and scan the section of "track" just above you. It's easiest to retrieve by holding the relevant button is as you jump past it.
- Dead Ghost #2 Visit the cracked dome leading to The World's Grave. Nearby, on the Archer's Line side, there's a glowing crevasse bordered by yellow barriers. Peer over the edge and you'll see the Ghost on a small ledge on the far side, to your left. Jumping out is harder than jumping in.
- Dead Ghost #3 Travel to the Anchor of Light and look for the building with the tallest communications tower. There's a multi-story structure around the base of this tower. Jump up into the top story, then jump further up to the thick girders which surround the tower. The Ghost is sitting on one of these girders, on a join on the open side of the structure.
- Dead Ghost #4 Enter the Hall of Wisdom from the Circle of Bones and immediately turn right. Hug the right wall and stop at the edge of a bottomless pit. The Ghost is resting on a ledge on the opposite wall. Jumping back is easier than it looks.
- Dead Ghost #5 Enter the Circle of Bones from the Hall of Wisdom, and then immediately turn left and hug the left wall. You'll find a path guarded by two level 12 Hallowed Knights. They're standing on a section of balcony which you can just see extending around the room, encircling it completely. You need to access the next section of balcony, which is blocked off by gates at both ends. Jump up onto the narrow fence, walk nearly to the end in a clockwise direction (where the clock face is the enormous great hole in front of you), then double jump and steer onto the balcony below. Travel along the balcony quite a way to find the Ghost on the railing, in plain view. The only way to exit this area is to perform a similar bout of platforming at the other end.
- Dead Ghost #6 Take the road from the Accelerator to the Hellmouth. Immediately upon entering the huge open area where you can see the Hellmouth itself, turn right and hug the wall until you find a narrow gap in the rocks leading to a cluster of buildings, populated by Fallen. The Ghost is in the most central building, resting on a lit computer terminal.
- Dead Ghost #7 Enter the Gatehouse from the Hellmouth. Turn left immediately and walk to the edge of the 'mouth itself. The Ghist is just over the edge, on a ledge, slightly below ground level. You can see it clearly from the edge.
- Dead Ghost #8 Enter the Hellmouth and fight your way down to the Shrine of Oryx. Just before you reach the final chamber where you fought Sardok, look for a tubular corridor lined with six "ribs" - the Ghost is on a pile of Hive offcasts on one side. You'll know it's the right one if you are attacked by a Knight and several Thralls.
Find a small area with three waist-high boxes. Nearby you'll see a slightly raised platform, accessed by a short flight of stairs. Stand on this facing the Hive Seeder, and look left; see that rocky pillar covered in glowing blue spikes? Look for a flattish outcrop and double jump to it. Back as close to the edge as you can and double jump straight up , aiming for just past the next set of blue spikes. From here you should be able to reach the circular railings around the borders of the room, and hop across to the platform. The Ghost is in plain sight, the little bastard. Here's a video of me making my way to it - badly, with a long pause where you can stare at my gear - using a Hunter.
Destiny's first expansion, The Dark Below, adds six new Dead Ghosts. If you picked up the DLC, you can find three of them on the Moon, during the mission The Wakening Dead. All three Ghosts are found in the Chamber of Night area.
Destiny: The Dark Below - The Wakening Dead - Moon - Dead Ghost locations
- Dead Ghost #10 Enter the Chamber of Night and pass to the left of the first glowing green sigil on the ground. Continue on until you see the second sigil, then head up the nearby stairs. A little further on, past a large pillar, the Dead Ghost can be found at your feet to the left.
- Dead Ghost #11 When the environment opens up again after passing through the area with the sigils, look ahead for a tall, spiky rock. You'll need to make several jumps to reach the top of the spire and grab the Ghost from its peak. You'll be immediately attacked when you first enter here, so be mindful of that.
- Dead Ghost #12 Ugh, this one's a bit tough. When you pass through a huge door (it's closed when you first approach, and then opens) you'll need to look around for a doorframe you can (with difficulty) jump on top of. From this vantage point you can both see and leap to the Ghost's resting place, a large geometric pillar-thing.
Be sure to check the rest of our Destiny guide for more tips and info.
Genshin Impact Chevreuse materials list for ascension and Talents
PLASTIC PLANT Best LEGO Fortnite seeds
Coin Master Free Spins Links
Free Monopoly Go Dice Links
Zombie Hunters codes
Ultra UnFair codes
EA FC 24 TOTY release date, full list of nominees and how to vote
Anime Spirits codes
Originally posted by author : https://www.gamespot.com
The World's Grave
The World's Grave is a story level 7 Crpytarch mission in Destiny , and involves descending into the Hellmouth to find a Hive library which holds ancient secrets they have ripped from Earth .
Time to head to the library! You'll start off in the same spot you started the first mission, but this time you'll be heading to through the shattered dome up ahead. Once you pass through, you'll see the entrance at the bottom of the hill.
Take out the two Hallowed Knights blocking the entrance, then head inside. Remember to use the rocks and walls for cover! You'll enter a room with a giant rock pillar in the center. Make your way to the very bottom, then enter the next room.
Hall of Wisdom
The Hall of Wisdom is a very larger room made up of four major sections that connect at the center with a giant chandelier. Defeat enemies and start making your way past the center, following the waypoint on your map.
When you reach the last section or room, you'll be faced with another large group of enemies . A Wizard, Thralls, and Knights can be found, but there is also a new enemy known as the Shrieker that will sit high above the next door and shoot whenever it's middle section opens up. Defeat this enemy first as it can get in the way of taking out the other enemies.
Circle of Bones
Enter the next room to find yourself in the Circle of Bones. Now in a Darkness Zone, fight off the enemies that spawn from the warship, but try to make your way to the center of the room. Once you reach the center, you'll find Kranox, the Graven. Clear out some of the other enemies, then take out Kranox and you'll have the key to The World's Grave .
Follow the waypoint to the next room, fighting off enemies as you go. Enter the cave and prepare yourself to find hoards of Thralls. Throw a grenade of some sort as they are standing idle when you first meet them.
In the next room, you'll encounter even more enemies. Defeat them all, then head into the next room to find some of the enemies worshiping some kind of machine. Find the strongest enemy and use this chance to attack first!
After you defeat the enemies, activate the machine with your Ghost and prepare for the next wave of enemies. Use the machine as cover, and keep an eye out for any Thralls. Cursed Thralls will appear, but you'll want to stay a good distance away when you attack. They explode at their death.
Be prepared as the last wave of enemies contains three Knights. Once all are defeated, the mission will end and you'll have all the information you need from the library.
Destiny Hard Difficulty Walkthrough Part 7: The World's Grave. Includes dead ghost and gold loot chest locations
Warlock walkthrough, titan walkthrough, up next: the sword of crota, top guide sections.
- Rise of Iron
- The Taken King
Was this guide helpful?
In this guide.
Home > Game Guides
- Game Guides
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep All Lost Dead Ghosts Locations
by enricofairme · Published October 3, 2019 5:35 PM · Updated October 4, 2019 1:40 PM
In Destiny 2: Shadowkeep there are a number of lore items for players to collect. These items tell different stories of events that took place on the Moon. One set of lore items is the Dead Ghosts. As the name suggests these items are Dead Ghosts which can be collected. To help you find them all use our all Lost Dead Ghosts locations guide below.
Note : Updating (9/10).
Starting Lost Dead Ghosts Missions
Dead Ghosts are an end game activity for players to take part in after beating Destiny 2: Shadowkeeep . This chain of missions can be started by finding a Lost Ghost Trace item (seems to be a random chest drop). Once you have this consumable item, give it to Eris on Sanctuary to unlock a Ghost Mission. There are a total of 10 missions to complete.
Lost Dead Ghosts Locations Map
As mentioned above there are a total of 10 of these Lost Dead Ghosts to find on the Moon. Finding these lore items involves walking up to them and inspecting them. I’ve marked the locations of the Lost Dead Ghosts on the map above. Read below for more details on each.
Echo of the Great Disaster Ghost Location
Location : Archer’s Landing.
You will find Gunnvor’s Ghost in the Archer Landing Area. There is a crashed truck inside a chasm. Next to this truck is the Lost Dead Ghost. Interact with it to collect it.
First Crota’s Team Fallen Ghost Location
Location : The World’s Grave (Hellmouth).
You will find Sai Mota’s Ghost inside The World’s Grave area of Hellmouth. This area is a bit hard to explain since you can reach it from a number of directions, but note you will find this Lost Dead Ghost is inside the room opposite the exit leading to the Circle of Bones. If this doesn’t make sense, check out this video here .
Adona’s Quest Ghost Location
Location : Shrine of Oryx (Hellmouth).
Inside the Shrine of Oryx in the central room you will find Gimble-4’s Ghost. Again given the labyrinth nature of this location it is hard to give you specific directions. This video does a good job of showing you exactly how to get there.
The Greatest Ghost Sacrifice
Location : Gatehouse (Hellmouth).
Inside the large second room of the Gatehouse next to the window with the grate covering it you will find the Eris Morn’s Ghost. This room is after the short cave tunnel.
True Believer Ghost Location
Location : Summoning Pits (Hellmouth).
In the Summoning Pits area on the upper walkway near the entrance you will find Toland’s Ghost in a pile of rubble.
Dark Dreams Ghost Location
Location : Lunar Battlegrounds.
In Lunar Battlegrounds (the starting area of the expansion) you will find Vyhar’s Ghost on the side next to a crashed pod on the side of the area.
A Futile Search Ghost Location
Location : Anchor of Light.
In the Anchor of Light there is a saucer shaped building you can go inside. Go inside this room and enter the room lower to find the Lonesome Ghost.
Together Forever Ghost Location
Location : Circle of Bones.
Inside the first large room in the Circle of Bones you will find Eriana-3’s Ghost. It sitting near a cracked container. Grab it to collect it.
Misplaced Trust Ghost Location
Location : Hellmouth.
You will find Vell Tarowe’s Ghost inside the entrance to the Gatehouse area in Hellmouth. It is sitting on the ground near some stairs.
I will update this guide with more Dead Ghosts locations as I uncover them. Drop me a comment in The Pit below if you have anything you wish to add.
Thoughts on our Lost Dead Ghosts locations guide? Drop them in The Pit below.
Tags: Destiny 2 Destiny 2: Shadowkeep
A lifelong gamer who has devoted the last six years to the creation and development of "Hold To Reset," a website tailored by gamers for gamers. Yell your hot takes at him on X .
- Next story Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Release Date Announced
- Previous story Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Symphony of Death Guide
You may also like...
How to access destiny 2 shadowkeep dlc items.
October 1, 2019 1:22 PM
by enricofairme · Published October 1, 2019 1:22 PM
Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer Roadmap and Details Revealed
May 10, 2021 3:48 PM
by enricofairme · Published May 10, 2021 3:48 PM · Last modified October 4, 2023 10:14 PM
The New Kell – Destiny 2 Beyond Light Guide
November 10, 2020 12:20 PM
by enricofairme · Published November 10, 2020 12:20 PM · Last modified October 6, 2023 4:08 PM
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Red Dead Online Weekly Update Bonuses and Sales (January 2024)
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Sargon Guide – Where to Find Sargon and What is He Selling?
- Palworld Release Date Set for January 19
- Xbox Developer Direct to Take Place on January 18
- Red Dead Online Madam Nazar Weekly Collection